Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sat 15th, point Lobos about 40ft viz @ 60ft, white barnacle EVERYWHERE

Sun 16th, 60ft+ at Ballbuster @ 100ft, about 20ft @ 40+ many jellies

Monday Sept 17, North Monastery vis 25-35 greenish, 61' max depth, bluish @20'depth.
Del Monte wharf, 15' greenish, more than enough vis for muck diving, octopus, fringehead, sculpin, tons of nettles, decorator crabs everywhere, nudibrach everywhere, ect..

7998947643_19b6c37726_b.jpgLast Mondays dive, photo courtesy of Dave Baessler

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:27 PM ----------

8002165717_20e4f9e654.jpgFringehead by Dave Baessler

it was nice calm dive at Point Lobos today, cove was really murky, but it opened up outside the cove. I'd say 30FT maybe a bit more... really nice conditions today

Got out to Breakwater and Metridium Fields yesterday. Vis at B-water was best around 35ft deep seeing 15ft... MAYBE... the rest of the dive saw 8 to 10. Light surge in the AM. Always fun to check out the critters on the wall. Saw some big Scallops, etc. etc.
Metridium saw 5-10 ft. vis with some octopus along the pipe and lots of nettles above us while at 50ft. deep. Quite murky.
Went back to breakwater in the afternoon and the long period swell had come up a bit, as forecast, and offered up some good surge. I counted around 13-15 second periods. Vis had dropped a lot from the first dive of the day, 8ft at 35ft deep. NOAA has this to say for the next week:

Marine Point Forecast for Latitude 36.61°N and Longitude 121.88°W

Peace.

great pics mobeeno. All the post have been helpful. I know, No post from me for a while. well I have some medical reasons and some job issues that have kept me away from monterey. but I am dying to get down. Keep the post coming everyone . its nice to see the trends, and when the nettles are everywhere. If anyone gets a chance, post a pic of all the nettles. just courious

Sunday at Wharf: horrible viz. Maybe 4ft. Lost track of my buddy at one point. Hooded nudibranchs on almost every piece of kelp and sea grass we came across. We ended up skimming the sand and the way back and came across 4 small electric rays.

Point Lobos today, Vis in the cove was bad, 5 to 10 feet. Opened up to 25 to 30 feet at 60ft depth. Temp was 50deg the whole time. Not much to see unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom