Uwatec scubapro Aladin Air Z battery substitution of probe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arimann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello, i own an Aladin Air Z and i change DIY the battery of the computer. If anybody needs tips or a complete procedure to do it i'm avalaible, with photos. It's the same for a lot of models: Air X, console, etc. You have just to buy the battery and you can go on. So i'm looking for somebody who can give information about changing the battery of the probe. Thank you so much in advance. Giorgio

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,929
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,825
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,359
Nice:)

Hi Arimann,
I also took mine apart. Replacing the battery was easy but... what oil did you use and how did you fill the housing?
Thanks, Ko

Hi Arimann,
I also took mine apart. Replacing the battery was easy but... what oil did you use and how did you fill the housing?
Thanks, Ko

Prescription are to use pure paraffin oil. What's paraffine oil ? Well, paraffine is a petrolate oil, commonly knowed as Vaseline oil, paraffine oil, petrolate oil...this oil don't attach rubber or plastic. Here in Europe vaseline oil is found at pharmacy or drugstore. Paraffine oil at chemical store. Or anywhere u can find it. Just buy the medical or superior type, must be clear, colorless, odorless. I give you the CAS 92045-76-6. EINECS 295-458-3.
Paraffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you have any information about changing the battery of teh probe ? TY in advance. diverscubapro@gmail.com

Hey Erimann,

I just began opening an Air2 when after taking out the allen screws and back case I've seen the membrane is sealed throughout the body itself. Should I take it completely off?, that part that's taken off how should be sealed again?... epoxy?.

I look forward your news and/or if you are so kind to email me those pics and procedure, my email is: venabucear@gmail.com

Lots of thanks!.

Hello, i own an Aladin Air Z and i change DIY the battery of the computer. If anybody needs tips or a complete procedure to do it i'm avalaible, with photos. It's the same for a lot of models: Air X, console, etc. You have just to buy the battery and you can go on. So i'm looking for somebody who can give information about changing the battery of the probe. Thank you so much in advance. Giorgio

Hello, it's always me , Arimann, but i forget User ID & PW, so i take another that i can remember. I change the battery also inside the probe . I think it's easier than divecomputer, but this is my opinion. Here s the proceeding and the photos. I'm sorry but the shett with the photos inside it's too big for permitted size ofthe uploading. somebody wants the original one i didcan write to diverscubapro@gmail.com.

Greetings Giorgio

Attachments

• Probe cappuccio.jpg
    Probe cappuccio.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 926
  • Aladin AirZ aperto 2.jpg
    Aladin AirZ aperto 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Probe aperta sotto.jpg
    Probe aperta sotto.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 876
  • Probe aperta sopra.jpg
    Probe aperta sopra.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 919
  • Probe smontata 1.jpg
    Probe smontata 1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 842
  • probe soldering point1.jpg
    probe soldering point1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 988
  • Probe vista  lato antenna.jpg
    Probe vista lato antenna.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 891
  • How to change the battery in the pression probes simplified.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 813
Hi
I tried to change the battery to the probe, but it does not work, it does no pair with the computer. I wonder if there is a kind of reset to do inside the probe, or if it is not possible to change the battery at all. if anyone can help me is welcome.

Alessandro

f your transmitter is of the first generation made by Uwatec and you allowed the original battery (2/3 AA 3,6 V) to die completely, I am afraid you have a paperweight. You can not restart the electronics in the transmitter.

Hi Divewatchdoctor,
yes, I guess I have a paperweight. it is the first generation one with the copletely died battery. I supposed I could not change the battery, but I was hopeful by the post of Diverscubapro. it's a shame !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom