Fatigue after deco dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been reading this with great interest. Was wondering if Tracy was going to mention this. But my question is this... Have any of you read the study that says the drowsiness of Dramamine can be increased when used during diving. I ask this because Tracy doesn't make a cave dive without being well dosed with Dramamine. When she does make a cave dive without the Dramamine she spends the end of her dive throwing up on her dive buddy during her safety stop. Unfortunately, I was less than a foot away from her making sure she didn't drown, but got to swim in her vomit. Yay! But what are friends for right? Oh... wait a minute. :)

Uh...what?

I find illegal drugs really wake me up for the ride home. Oh wait. I mean coffee. Yeah coffee

I've been reading this with great interest. Was wondering if Tracy was going to mention this. But my question is this... Have any of you read the study that says the drowsiness of Dramamine can be increased when used during diving. I ask this because Tracy doesn't make a cave dive without being well dosed with Dramamine. When she does make a cave dive without the Dramamine she spends the end of her dive throwing up on her dive buddy during her safety stop. Unfortunately, I was less than a foot away from her making sure she didn't drown, but got to swim in her vomit. Yay! But what are friends for right? Oh... wait a minute. :)

LoL!!!!!!!! Hey at least I was courteous enough not to puke in your 02 reg. :) :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Why does a cave diver need that drug? I have never heard of this before?

My doctor told me to do it. I have issues sometimes when I ascend or desend where I get nauseated and vomit. No dizziness just the not so fresh feeling in my stomach followed by vomiting. One dramamine tablet solves the issue. Something to do with pressure changes I guess most likely sinus in nature.

---------- Post Merged at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

I find illegal drugs really wake me up for the ride home. Oh wait. I mean coffee. Yeah coffee

Flying J extra caffinated coffee with a shot or two of that "Stok" expresso stuff. :) Works great.

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

I'd recommend reading this a couple of times before doing any more decompression dives:

Deco for Divers: Mark Powell: 9781905492077: Amazon.com: Books

:)
Dave

Thanks Dave. I'm sure they have the kindle version

LoL!!!!!!!! Hey at least I was courteous enough not to puke in your 02 reg. :) :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

My doctor told me to do it. I have issues sometimes when I ascend or desend where I get nauseated and vomit. No dizziness just the not so fresh feeling in my stomach followed by vomiting. One dramamine tablet solves the issue. Something to do with pressure changes I guess most likely sinus in nature.

---------- Post Merged at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Flying J extra caffinated coffee with a shot or two of that "Stok" expresso stuff. :) Works great.

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Thanks Dave. I'm sure they have the kindle version

I am glad you stopped puking. Piling makes me puke. Poor Richard would have been covered. Lol

With your coffee concoction how do you sleep for a few days after that. I would be like tweak from South Park.

If you find a kindle version let me know. I could not find it.

I am glad you stopped puking. Piling makes me puke. Poor Richard would have been covered. Lol

With your coffee concoction how do you sleep for a few days after that. I would be like tweak from South Park.

If you find a kindle version let me know. I could not find it.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Yah poor Richard. :) No worries though. Now that I figured out what my issue is I don't have to worry about that happeneing anymore. The first time it happened was on my OW check out dives and they almost didn't let me finish the class until I got checked out by a doctor. I assured them it was just motion sickness and was allowed to continue.

The coffee works surprisingly well for a few hours but then I crash and am able to go to sleep with no issues. Probably because I drink so much coffee at work.

They don't have a kindle version of the book and the paperbacks are out of stock right now.

M

Actually, that was decent of you, but I was worried you were going to screw up the transition from reg in mouth to reg out of mouth while blowing chunks. You handled it like a champ tho.

Back
Top Bottom