Baggage Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Their charges for Pacific flights are not listed on their site, you have to call, so hard to plan. All bags oversized too huh. I still wonder if upgrading the ticket would have been cheaper. Maybe you can sell half of it while there. :D Have a great trip.
The overweight charges I can accept --but the oversized??? Unless they suddenly changed the dimension parameters, these are the exact same size Stahlsac & Akona check-in bags I've traveled with in previous years . . .yeah that was the unpleasant surprise!

Thanks DandyDon --will try & have a good time although my sphincter hurts now because of this ;-) !
(btw & off-topic --the CDC reports a mild Dengue Outbreak here in Micronesia/Palau)

So I am traveling to Micronesia this week. United Airlines advises me that if my bag is over 50 lbs. I will be charged $200.00. If I keep the weight under 50 lbs. by bringing a second bag, the charge will be $70.00. How does this make any sense at all? :shakehead:

I agree, flat fees make little sense. Fares and fees should correlate to how much weight you actually are transporting (luggage and bodies).

Charging 200 bucks for 51lbs and 50 bucks for 49 makes as much sense as charging an 8 year old girl the same as her 400lb body building dad.

So I am traveling to Micronesia this week. United Airlines advises me that if my bag is over 50 lbs. I will be charged $200.00. If I keep the weight under 50 lbs. by bringing a second bag, the charge will be $70.00. How does this make any sense at all? :shakehead:

The carrier we use to go to Egypt has one set of rules for everyone else and another set of rules for divers with a lower weight limit and ridiculous overweight costs. They run charters to Egypt so I guess they thought they could just go ahead and charge divers more by making sure that more of them were over-weight.

So now when I go to Egypt to go diving and they asking me what's in my bag I just say "camping gear". Seriously, who goes camping in Egypt... but they're not allowed to actually look in the bag to see if it's the truth so they have to take me at my word.

R..

Hard to see how anyone needs more than 3 sets of regs for Chuuk Lagoon! We took cameras, twin bands, 5 sets of regs and all dive gear and clothes for two people and managed to fit in 2 bags of 23 kg each and two carry on bags.

All for me . . . deco regs plus two sets of doubles for backmount and sidemount.

The actual excess baggage fees for the above: $1470!!!

I feeling just a bit violated. . .:confused:

Did they give you any vaseline?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom