Cold water today at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Phew...I was surprised to read 42 degree water temp at the Poling today. Must have been a current coming down from Nova Scotia or something.

Dive 2 was at Halfway Rock. Grabbed a nice 2 pound lobster and had a great dinner.

Anyone else out today?

--Matt

Sounds about right for this time of year. A month ago it was 39 degrees.

Glad the bugs are out again...I gotta catch me some dinner.

Unfortunately, due to a throat infection, I'm out of the water for another week or so.

matt_unique:
Phew...I was surprised to read 42 degree water temp at the Poling today. Must have been a current coming down from Nova Scotia or something.

Dive 2 was at Halfway Rock. Grabbed a nice 2 pound lobster and had a great dinner.

Anyone else out today?

--Matt

matt_unique:

Anyone else out today?

--Matt

Actually the water up Nova Scotia way is usually warmer than our local waters. The Gulf Stream tends to hook closer there. They've got better viz most of the time too.

May head out tomorrow.

DSDO

Alan

It in the mid-40s in 40' of water here on the SS - that's what a strong west wind will do. I was diving wet for the first time in 2 years (it was even worse than I remembered). Most of the bugs around here are molting ("in the shed"). That said, we took 10 bugs and a few flounder while boat diving near the Tar Pouch off Scituate.

We went diving on the Cape Ann small boat Saturday afternoon. Paddock Rock and Pickett's Ledge. Paddock at 87 feet was 45; Pickett's was about the same at 40 feet. About 10 degrees warmer at both sites above the thermocline.

-Chris

Sunday, at Loblolly cove, the bottom temp was about 52F.
Only goes to about 42' at the deepest.

matt_unique:

Anyone else out today?

--Matt

Matt,

I was out today..it was a frigid 84 degrees here in Cuba..Sorry..but atleast Your in the water..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom