Local grinds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was packed. on my way home from hiking in hawaii kai i noticed that it was still packed. that place must be a gold mine.

yup....I'm sure it is :D maybe I'll see you there some time :wink:

There was a Korean place in Mililani that was good.

My wife like to go to Ahi's. That place was kind of a dump.

Roy's is pretty good (for people who like to spend every dime they have on "fusion") broke da mouth & da bank account.

I like manapua, kalua pig, fried poi, anything that fits in my mouth. Nothing like a plate lunch. Cheap & good.

I gotta spend some time on Maui--who has the best plate lunch around Kihei?

justleesa:
I know which one you mean, but I can't think of the name right now either....Starts with a K though....

Kua`aina they also have a shop on ward, best burgers heck yeah, we go all the time after we dive with dive oahu

jjardin:
There was a Korean place in Mililani that was good.

My wife like to go to Ahi's. That place was kind of a dump.

Roy's is pretty good (for people who like to spend every dime they have on "fusion") broke da mouth & da bank account.

I like manapua, kalua pig, fried poi, anything that fits in my mouth. Nothing like a plate lunch. Cheap & good.

I gotta spend some time on Maui--who has the best plate lunch around Kihei?

ahis is still around sort of, i think they are under new management and are called punalu`u bar and grill now, although it is still pretty ghetto but the food is good.

justleesa:
If you could get a special local treat to eat right now....what would it be?
Me, I'd could go for a Kalua Pork sandwich :eyebrow:

Anything Leesa,

Being deployed has taught Me many things..are left unappreciated..Not having any type of meal known to mankind is getting old down here. 18 months of Navy food and the 2 fast food chains here. (McDonalds & Subway) can get old very quickly. I hope You all just have somehting You like to eat....and do enjoy it. Have one for Me too... :wink:

well since everyone is chiming in with there favorites, me personally i like giovanni's shrimp truck in kahuku, kua`aina for burgers, maui tacos for well mexican with a little local flavor, and palominos for a nice intimate dinner, thats just me though.

sorry for like the ten million posts here in a row but i thought of another thing, you know this is the cool thing about hawaii, we love to dive here, but what other forum would so many people talk about food in a diving forum(it is important to be properly nourished of course) i forgot to add on the north shore we like cholos and pizza bobs, those are the best after a nice long dive at three tables, fire stations, or sharks cove. by the way i quit my job on july 15 and as soon as i do that and get more time i will add to the important info about shore dives on oahu.

Back
Top Bottom