Old Aqualung part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for a yoke screw for a very old Divair first stage, 1962 vintage. Will consider the entire thing if anyone has one laying around. I think the aquamatic or anything from 1957 forward might work. I am considering a total working restoration with pictures of the progress, before/after and a write-up for this board. I want to do this so I can dive with a regulator that was made in the same year I was. Any help would be appreciated, and if you know of a source for regulator re-chrome work, let me know. The chrome on this was not the typical shiny stuff we are all used to, but rather a more "matte" or dull finish that was strictly for protection. I need to talk with someone regarding the metal preparation before I do anything. Also any good pictures would be of help Scott

Go to the vintage double hose, join the discussion list and ask there. I am sure that someone has a few of them in their parts boxes.

I forgot to mention that this is the single hose version with the very slim first stage Thanks Scott

First we need to sort out which reg you are actually restoring. Divair is an older double hose reg sold by Healthways. In the 62 catalog, USD (it was not AL at the time) list 3 single hose regs, the Calypso, the Hydrolung and the Aqua Div. I need to figure out which reg you have before I can look for parts- I may have something.

The chrome sounds like satin chrome, the dull chrome used on the early USD DH regs. Not sure he does single hose regs but Dave (contact him via Bryan at VDH) is the reg chrome master.

The final description (slim first stage) actually sounds like a Aqumatic.... post a couple of photos so we know exactly what you are working with.

An Aquadiv is going to be a problem for a couple of reasons. Since it's a tilt valve second stage, getting it going may be a challenge. NOS tilt valves are hard to come by. I do have a buddy that told me he had perfected a way to restore a tilt valve seat, I will get up with him and see what he has to offer. The first stage has one issue, since the second stage is a tilt valve, there must be an OPV installed. Hopefully the AD one is there and serviceable. On the up side, the internal parts of the AD first stage are basically Aquamaster parts so all the internal parts are easy to get. All that said, if you could find a Hydro-Lung Supreme (same first stage minus the OPV) it would be a lot easier to service and a little more birthday appropriate since it was "born" in 62.

I have service/parts manuals for both the AD and the Hydrolung

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom