Roll Call Gulf Coast

What areas (list all that apply) do you dive.

• Panama City

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Destin

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pensacola

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Orange Beach / Gulf Shores

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mississippi / Louisiana

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Let's hear from the Divers that dive the Gulf Coast and what area of the Gulf Coast that you dive.

I grew up mostly in the Tampa Bay area and still have family there and we sometimes dive in that area while visiting.

At least once a week somewhere on the gulf coast. Haven't done Whiskey, but it's on my list soon. Maybe we could get a small group to go dive it.

PCB to LA & once at S. Padre. Snowbird in Destin. Anyone for some good shore diving in Miss. or L. Pontchartrain....?

From Dauphin Island, Alabama, all the way over to the Dry Tortugas on the Gulf side:

Dauphin Island
Gulf Shores
Orange Beach
Perdido Key
Pensacola
Navarre
Destin
Panama City Beach
Ponce de Leon (Vortex)
Walton County (Morrison Spring)
Vernon (Cypress, Beckton)
Marianna (Jackson Blue Spring)
Leon County (?????? Spring)
Live Oak (Orange Grove)
High Springs (Ginnie, Little Devil, Devil's Eye, Devil's Ear, Dogwood, Twin)
Williston (Devil's Den)
Ocala (Paradise Spring)
Naples (Wreck near Naples, but left via Tampa)
Dry Tortugas (again, out of Tampa)

If you asked me to pick a favorite, I would be hard-pressed. It would be easier if I could include the Atlantic Coast :D but even if you moved me to Pompano, I would still make trips to all of these areas, as each has something unique. I will say that I've no desire to ever dive Vortex or Devil's Den again. Devil's Den was worth the trip once, but that's about it. Vortex was never worth the trip :wink:

Your poll only covers part of the gulf coast. Since I live in texas I do extensive gulf diving from vera cruz over to naples. I have made many trips over the years to Destin, Pennsacola, and Panama city, especially with my sponsored dive trips and student's, and for the most part everyone enjoyed the accommodations,and dive operators. The Oriskany, is providing dive tourism to the panhandle, thanks to the efforts of escambion county, otherwise she would be off Corpus Christi enhancing Texas diving.

Back
Top Bottom