Tomorrow is my NIGHT & LIMITED VISIBILITY DIVER certification :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately I've now become a diving junkie so can't keep away lol. Hopefully I'll get to dive under the ice this winter. I'll let you know what it's like if I do!

UPDATE: Finally Friday we went, the weather was perfect. I went out with my OW Instructors light (she let me borrow it :D ) and it was going to be 5 of us. One guy could not make it. Then the other two when they got there forgot their weights. So me and the other student Bob were left. We went out and just had fun and showed that we were not panic divers when the sun is gone. I actually accidently kicked a lobster who was easily beyond the legal limit with my fin and I turn around to see if its okay and it started chasing me lmao. I assumed it was just a little scared and mad. I moved on and actually discovered a pair of crabs mating that was...interesting. lol. It was a great experience and the water was warm with my wetsuit (water was only 52 degrees so with the wetsuit I was warm :D)

Congratulations !

It's cool when the lobster and crabs show some attitude in the night.

Night dives are very cool. Hard for me to schedule but always a pleasure. At this time of the year it should be a lot easier.

Pete

I have not done a "night dive" yet but I did drop into a canyon on a lake dive in July and was glad I had a torch with me. It got really dark down there but it was super cool rolling over and looking up to see the sun above me at 60'.

Attitude??? At night??? I thought they had attitude all the time. During OW cert in June my wife started to sink in on a large Dungeoness crab that showed major attitude as she got closer to him. We had a good laugh topside after the dive.
:wink:

Congrats! Where did you do your night dive? I'm hoping to get some night dives in this fall as well. I'm also in Boston and a regular at Cathedral Rocks, my fave Cape Ann site, although have done a number of others in the area.

You are brave faring the water in a wetsuit - my first purchase after my certification back in February was a drysuit!!! I plan to dive year round around here so it was pretty much a requirement. There is NO WAY I could dive 50 degrees in a wetsuit - I was cold in FL in 72 degree water in a 7mm. :)

Happy NE diving!

Congrats! Where did you do your night dive? I'm hoping to get some night dives in this fall as well. I'm also in Boston and a regular at Cathedral Rocks, my fave Cape Ann site, although have done a number of others in the area.

You are brave faring the water in a wetsuit - my first purchase after my certification back in February was a drysuit!!! I plan to dive year round around here so it was pretty much a requirement. There is NO WAY I could dive 50 degrees in a wetsuit - I was cold in FL in 72 degree water in a 7mm. :)

Happy NE diving!

LOL!!! Don't come to the Pacific Northwest without your dry suit then. Some of our best numbers in the summer are only about 55°. You will be really cold here. :wink:

I just finished up my drysuit course this weekend, certainly different then a wetsuit. Anyone in the Boston area up for doing a night dive Friday night or this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom