Travel Patterns of American Dive Travelers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys:

I am just trying to figure out the travel patterns of American dive traveler. Can everyone tell me ever since you started diving:

1). How many of your dives were local dives (not requiring travel / over night stay somewhere else)

2). How many of your dives required you to travel within USA?

3) How many of your dives required you to travel outside USA?

Thanks -

:coffee:

What?!?! Where is the love for your northern neighbours? :(

Hello guys:

I am just trying to figure out the travel patterns of American dive traveler. Can everyone tell me ever since you started diving:

1). How many of your dives were local dives (not requiring travel / over night stay somewhere else)

2). How many of your dives required you to travel within USA?

3) How many of your dives required you to travel outside USA?

Thanks -

:coffee:

R percentages OK?

1) 99%

2) 1%

3) 0%

I'm guessing.... historical....

1) 80% ( Local quarries, lakes, rig diving )
2) 10% ( Mid Atlantic wreck diving, Camping at remote quarries, Florida Keys, Miami )
3) 10% (Blackbeards, Jamaica, Cozumel)

Recently

1) 100% (Lake Travis)
2) 0%
3) 0%

Funny. The older I get and more money I make, the less I get to do...

1. 5%
2. 0
3. 95%

Out of 84 dives...
1. 69
2. 15 (inter-island travel w/in Hawaii)
3. 0

My "local" dives involve overnight trave(San Carlos, Mexico). I've tried the local dive lake, won't be doing that again.

Trips:
"local" 60%
In US. 20%
foreign 20%

Actual dives:
Close to even across the board. A weekend trip to San Carlos will be between 5-8 dives. A dive intensive or liveaboard vacation to Hawaii, the keys, or elsewhere are likely to equal anywhere from 2-5 weekend "local" trips(10-30 dives).

I consider myself "non-typical" (though some seem similar) that in 24 years, I've been to an international warm water location twice for week long dive vacations (San Salvador Bahamas & Bonaire). I've done weekend get-a-ways within my home state (St. Lawrence River) annually for a number of years, and to Canada (Tobermory) for the first time. Everything else is diving here at home in Lake Erie, the Niagara River, and quarries (just over the border in Canada). Cold water..... gotta love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom