Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Brief update, we have received a beta version of software and tested it. A couple of bugs need to be addressed and then it will be ready. We are in the home stretch, more soon.

Kathleen

Hi,

Workbench software is now available for newer NiTek Q computers (those that have been shipping this fall). We await a bootloader and then Workbench will be accessible for all NiTek Q divers.

NiTek Q Workbench

Kathleen

will the bootloader be out next year?...

The wait has sure been disappointing. What is a "bootloader"? If its something need in order for Nitek Q's already in service, it should of been made available when the software was released.
Releasing software that only works on Nitek's that are on the store shelve is of no use to us that have already purchased.

Al

So, those of us who have had no choice but to be patient get passed over so that new computers can work fully. Great!!!

Yes it has been frustrating to say the least. I did however order a shearwater petrel the other day, so i'm not too upset anymore:) I have always had great experience with dive rite(minus the nitek) and will continue to dive their regs. I think they are a great company, and I will be a loyal customer, but I think the nitek was released too soon, it is hard to get the same excitment about a product that has been out for a year!

any word on the boot loader? I am a loyal dive rite customer, but am getting very perturbed with what is turning in to a regretful purchase of the Nitek Q. I love the computer but not having full access to what it was supposed to be able to do for close to 9 months now is frustrating and best. this is my third dive rite computer and I am shocked that this is happening the way it is. if I knew I was not going to lose my ass selling it I would do so and purchase a shearwater. it is not like this is a computer that gets taken out a couple times a year for a dive, I have over 100 dives on it already and still can't use it to its full advertised potential.

Ditto.

any word on the boot loader? I am a loyal dive rite customer, but am getting very perturbed with what is turning in to a regretful purchase of the Nitek Q. I love the computer but not having full access to what it was supposed to be able to do for close to 9 months now is frustrating and best. this is my third dive rite computer and I am shocked that this is happening the way it is. if I knew I was not going to lose my ass selling it I would do so and purchase a shearwater. it is not like this is a computer that gets taken out a couple times a year for a dive, I have over 100 dives on it already and still can't use it to its full advertised potential.

Back
Top Bottom