HOG D1 2nd's and Edge Epic First

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim. It's some pop show with 3Oh!3. Had Jack White last night at another venue in town.

And thanks.

If you disassemble the reg to get to the exhaust valve, be very careful. It doesn't take much to break the cross-member support that the valve sits on. How do I know, you ask? I have a broken Hog first stage with only 4 dives on it...

So found it. Loose hose (felt tight, and when i get to wrenching I can break bolts so never checked) and what looked like a piece of bubble wrap behind a plug...

If I put the dust cap on my 1st stage I can suck in from the reg. The culprit is the low pressure inflator hose quick disconnect. If I put my thumb over that, I cannot breath in.

If I put the dust cap on my 1st stage I can suck in from the reg. The culprit is the low pressure inflator hose quick disconnect. If I put my thumb over that, I cannot breath in.

This isn't supposed to happen. The schrader valve in the QD is either loose or failing. If you have the tool, it's easy enough to tighten or to replace. If you replace it, remember that size and flow rate both are important.

Interesting. That hose is only a couple months old and seems to function properly otherwise. I'll take a look at it.

I suspect that the Schrader valve is loose or bad. It's the same sort of valve that you find in a car valve stem.

My dad just experienced his first bad Shrader valve on his '08 Volvo wagon while on a road trip. He couldn't believe it. He's been driving for seventy years. When did Volvo become Chinese owned?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom