Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get an hour and a half dive in this morning at the bridge despite pea soup conditions. Vis maybe 5ft. Because I was solo, I concentrated on learning more of my slave strobe and what works and doesn't work. Once the sun came out, ambient light became my friend and switched to super macro and no strobe. Big find of the day was a small northern stargazer. Sweet find. downloading photos now..

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Oh and the water is definitely cooling off. I wore my polertec skin and a 3mm shorty. I thought I was gonna be a bit warm after a few minutes underwater, but by the end of the dive I was cold. Very glad I ordered the TruWest parka (they are on sale right now!) for this winter!
http://www.truwest.com/parkas/stkparkas/stockparkassaleindex.html

Good evening all.
icosm14.gif

I have an update for the dive at Lauderdale by Sea. We will be meeting there on the 23rd. @ 11am. Please meet at Hibiscus Ave . It is 2 blocks south of the Pier.

This is totally nunnamybizness, but Datura Ave a block or so north has better parking availability than Hibiscus.

have no idea.. but, I bet if you call them they can answer that question..

Now on to today's dive. Lots of particulate in the water and a few jellies very low near the bottom. If you have dived Venice, FL, they you will know what the vis was like today.
548270_10151090768938531_1229144296_n.jpg

When the vis goes bad, go macro!! LOL Played with the settings on the camera an managed to get a couple interesting shots.
seastar
527337_10151090769138531_1300632316_n.jpg

46346_10151090769633531_726598812_n.jpg

and the sweet find of the day! Smallish of size, only a couple inches across at the mouth. yes, I got that close. :)
389444_10151090769863531_307205805_n.jpg

Jenny,

Do you know if their nylon material is breathable?

Turtle,
If you are looking for something breathable, we're now offering something new;
Surf-fur Waterproof Dive Parka

http://www.divegearexpress.com/exposure/surffur.shtml

--Joyce

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Does anyone remember where the PDF map of the underwater layout is for the Blue Heron Bridge?

David,
Would this be what you're looking for?
http://www.pbcgov.com/erm/downloads/pdf/projectfactsheets/philfostersnorkeltrail.pdf

--Joyce

Last edited:
Good evening everyone.
Attention to everyone that is joining us at LBTS. We are going to change the spot to meet, A diver from Fort Lauderdale sent a message that the parking is a lot better at Datura Avenue. It is only 1 block North of Hibiscus Avenue. We will meet at Datura Avenue for 11 am dives.
Then after the dives we will be meeting back at Beachside Hotel on the beach for an afternoon of beach and supper. We are not sure if we will make supper and have it on the beach or go out for supper. We all can decide that that day. If we make it, we are asking everyone to pitch in a few dollars to help pay for it. It would be something simple made.
See you all there.
icosm14.gif
Have a wonderful week.
MedFlame03
aka Karen

ATTENTION all.
I just got the update for the tides at Blue Heron Bridge, West Palm Beach. on October 20th 2012. We are able to go diving at 11:45 to 1:45 pm. Please take note all of the times and please pass the word around.
Thank you all and see you all there
icosm14.gif

So much looking forward to it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom