New pictures taken with new lenses 12-50 mm and 60 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girellator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Pics with new lenses 12-50 and 60 mm Olympus

Hello

I own an OMD-EM5 with Nauticam housing , and I'm also one of the happy few who get the 12-50 port and zoom gear .
Good new the 60 mm fits well in the 12-50 port !!!
Bad new is that the 12-50 port is a 77 mm threaded ( with 67 mm there was vignetting at 12 mm ) , so you'll need a stem down ring 67 to 77 mm ( thank to Mr Rudin :) ) or to buy a flip holfder lense in 77 mm for 67 mm wet lenses that Nauticam is on the way to release ( I think ).
Another detail has been that I'm able to use my old Stix collar for Aquatica macro port with the 12-50 port , pleasant idea for my poor arms !!

Here are pics taken with the 12-50 , with that lense you can take pics of the anemone with all the environnement , but also of the little spider crab living in it's tentacles
PA070059.jpg PA070053.jpg
or scholl of Mediterranéan barracudas and take a macro shot of their faces
PA080029.jpgPA080043.jpg
but also faces of angry fishes or small nudis

PA080064.jpg PA070092.jpg

and also meet the highly protected french grouper or the always moving "girelle"
PA080075.jpgPA080104.jpg

With the 60 mm I have little experience , one dive only , so few pictures :
PA140056.jpg PA140070.jpg
All my summer with my OMD is here in

Rétrospective Mediterranée 2012 - a set on Flickr

most of them have been taken with the 8 mm from Panasonic .
A few macro with the 45 mm Leica Panasonic :)

All comments are welcome :)

I'm sorry but I don't succeed to remove the attached picture below ...

Attachments

• 8069899952_fea6b2a865.jpg
    8069899952_fea6b2a865.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
very nice

the 12-50mm seems very versatile and so far a nice combo lens for UW with the Nauticam port.

However even with the 77mm port it does show some very slight vignetting (partially due to the IS as well I think...).
I bought a step down ring as I already have a 67mm macro wet lens already. But if you have to buy a new one I am aware Dyron is selling one that is native 77mm.

It does show some chromatic aberration at 12mm behind the flat port on the edges that you can fix afterward and its micro contrast seems a bit low compared to other lenses. Overall a bit of a compromise and with the high port price I would rather recommend a nice macro lens and the 8mm fisheye instead if you want best image quality and unless you just want to have a do it all port which is something almost impossible to do on non-compact cameras!!!!!

Hello Nudibranco
I think that you have not read well my message I've spent the whole summer with the 8 mm fisheye iving mainly hre in the méditerranean on big wrecks near Toulon ,and I've put a link to the pics made with it .There also pics taken with the 60 mm ( I was able to use it only during one dive two days ago ) that I already own and mainly intend to use in Philippina where I'm going to spend 5 months as every year , since my husband and I are retreated .I own also the 45 mm Panasonic .
I'm perfectly aware that the 12-50 is not the best lense under the sea , but it's an interesting lense and as as far that I know the first one which permit to an underwater photographer to keep " souvenir " of a big fish for instance and a nudibranch as well in the same dive , because it offers a true macro function , not like for instance the 17-70 Sigma which have as macro only the name !! It can do also very pleasant pictures if the photographer is a good one !!!It's a very high challenge for a lense .
I've not notice any vignetting on the wide angle pictures that I've taken with the 12-50 at 12 mm and that I show here , but I will look much more more closely tomorrow .Perhaps ...
I'm also a good friend of the owner of Dyron company in France and know perfectly the excellent 77mm lense he sells but I own like you several 67 mm lenses including of course the +10 subsee!!!!So...
Have a look to my galleries on Flickr and I think that you'll perhaps understand that if I 'm not an excellent underwater photographer I'm far also to be a beginner :)

very very nice. I can't wait to get my 60mm...

OK : I'm retired ( means I don't work anymore :) ), and I'm going to my retreat in Philippina !!Is that right ?? Thank you for excellent ..but I've still a lot to learn ..:)

I like "retreated" better than retired. :)

Even better when you can retreat to the Philippines to enjoy your retirement.

Best,
Jim

PS I thought I was hot stuff when I became an emeritus faculty member, until I discovered that emeritus means "finished!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom