Nitrox production guideline - Continuous blending

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes Doc, thanks for the advice, I never will cont-blend, not even at 32%, NOPE.

I will buy an oil-less compressor if I ever do cont-blend.

I continuous blend, up to and including 40%, through my compressor all the time. Over 120 hours this year alone - and no issues. I use the appropriate and recommended oil. I know dozens of people that do the same. I trust the Oxyhacker book since thousands of us have replicated Vince's designs and taken his recommendations.

To each his own. Assess your level of risk acceptance and move on.

UPDATING 10 YEARS LATER IN 2022

This is a Mariner/PE200 in a Live On Board (LOB) vessel, doing continuous blending of nitrox probably to 32%. The compressor room is not the coolest, sharing with main engine room, albeit lots of cooling blowers assisted, still I would guess ambient temp is easy 35 - 45C most of the time.

High oxygen level is a strong oxidizer. This compressor uses P21 ( P Zero for USA boys ) combo final water separator filter tower. The compressor did not explode ( yet), but its life is very short.

See how the P21 plastic filter cartridge melting and blue color wash out even stain the HP seat of the final safety valve. Yes HP seat cracking too, too much heat.

Photos below are from archive of a friend. See photos are of 2015
P6090006.JPG
P6090013.JPG
P6090016.JPG
IMG_2191.jpeg
IMG_2192.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom