New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got mine in the mail today complete with the instructions for attaching the Cyclops 133 filter. Comes with a padded case with a clasp. Check their site as they go on sale at 9:30 MST.

Just a quick note, The Dome slip over BY SRP featuring URPro CYD for the GoPro Dive housing will be available in 1 hour 10 minutes! or 9:00 mst 10-24-2012 (Today).

Now available at AquaPro HD

Red Filter for GoPro $79.99
Free Shipping for limited time!
This is for the GoPro Dive Housing used for the HD HERO or HERO2

aphd-srpcyd.jpg

Attachments

• aphd-srpcyd.jpg
    aphd-srpcyd.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 441
Read their disclaimer about micro bubbles. Just what you need in the midddle of a dive. Pull off flter, shake it or wipe it, put it back on....really?

Prototype is what this still is.

okay.. now that the gp3 is out.. will this fit the new gp3?

RDOG, This is common to all slip over filters, We felt it necessary to make it know to those who haven't used slip over filters, so they don't miss out on footage...you can't always get a do over and we understand how important it is when you get that shot of a lifetime.

Read their disclaimer about micro bubbles. Just what you need in the midddle of a dive. Pull off flter, shake it or wipe it, put it back on....really?

Same issue with all wet filters, if you have them on as you descend some bubbles may get trapped in between the flat lens and dive port. I had this happen some times with each of the wet filters from SRP, Backscatter and even Oculus. Its also possible that if you go through your buddies bubbles they may trap some more during the dive, this never happened to me with any filters but I can see how it could happen.

Even the flat lens itself sometimes gets micro bubbles attach themselves to the outside with no filters as you descend. Very easy to remove the filter underwater with this new design by SRP and why I made this video showing how its done underwater in a strong current with a tray, lights and a bunch of GoPro cameras on it with the other filters.

[video=youtube;JX_oHI7A7hY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_oHI7A7hY[/video]

The current here was too strong for us to swim against so I am kicking full speed as I do this, this is about as tough a set of conditions as your going to ever need to do this in. The second filter clean was during a descent as I was dropping down to 30m and equalizing along the way whilst holding the tray with one hand.

The strong currents also did help avoid most bubbles getting stuck in there as the water was flushing through pretty quickly but some micro bubbles may still stay and effect your shot so it is worth checking it just after descent and a couple times during the dive if your keeping it on the entire time. The BS flip also needs to be flipped on descent but the Oculus is so awkward in the way its mounted I couldn't take the filter off easy enough with my setup so just had to leave it as it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom