GoPro HD3 Color Correcting Filter for HD3, SRP will Unveil at DEMA 11-14-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blurryfix

Contributor
Reaction score
[video=youtube;0WldKIYyIgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WldKIYyIgQ[/video]

Snake River Prototyping is very pleased to announce....We have a new SRP Dome filter featuring URPro CYD, for The GoPro hero3! Video is being collected over the next couple weeks, just in time to unveil at DEMA November 14th-17th 2012. Come see us at booth 2061.

The Dome in the video is not for the Hero3, it's for the GoPro dive housing Hero-Hero2. This filter is available now from several SRP dealers, please see our dealer list here dealers Follow us on Facebook for more news as it happens http://www.facebook.com/snakeriverprototyping

How exciting... I have been wanting to get a Hero, and I love your products! Should I wait for the Hero3??? Will you be releasing the dome for the Hero3 as well???

okay... i'll wait... then i'll buy both!!! wooohoo!!!

Hey Netdoc, all GoPro cameras are great, you can't go wrong. I had a couple of the new HD3 Black editions...but gave them away so we could test the new filter! I would have bought more but it's all my local store had! lol....I love the new HD3 size and they fixed a few issues, such as the door latch, and every camera comes with a flat lens. See you at DEMA!

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Hi Hell hole.....I like your style! I'm with you....I wouldn't get rid of my HD2!

I just bought the dome for gp2 through aquapro hd. I hope it will ship soon.
I also hope that the gp3 can get to Singapore before my trip to lembeh in Dec!!!!!

Is there any estimate on what date these will be available?

BlurFix 3 SO Slip over filter system for GoPro Hero3 by Snake River Prototyping. Customers who already own the BlurFix original will be able to use the 55mm filters they already own by Purchasing the BlurFix3 SO Naked. The BlurFix3 SO featuring the URPRo CYD utilizes the BlurFix3 Naked as well, so simply unscrew the CYD filter and all the filter possibilities in 55mm are now possible for the GoPro Hero3![video=youtube;UV-pkl1VTF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-pkl1VTF4[/video]

Ive got to say that these things are pretty awesome having used it on a weeks diving with the hero 3 black, Zero vignette in all modes above and below water with the low profile filters. Clips on and off in fractions of a second and you can screw in any 55mm filter quite easily.

Edit I just heard there may still be vignette in the silver and white models similar to how the hD1 and HD2 cameras do but blacks should be vignette free in all modes at least they are in mine and no blacks tested so far have shown any vignette as far as I know.

Last edited:
Blurfix3 SO will not vignette using the URPRO CYD (Dome CY filter) in any mode. Slight vignetting may be present in all hero3 cameras using the BlurFix3 SO topside. This may be true for all Hero3 cameras. The first several Hero3 Blacks had no vignetting, however we just got our hands on another and it had slight vignetting with the topside filters. We tested the Hero3 White and silver and saw slight vignetting in 960 mode topside, and a very slight amount using the 55mm URPro filters. The vignetting disappeared 100% on all cameras when taken underwater. We are doing everything possible to make our customers aware of the potential vignetting topside prior to releasing products for sale.

The BlurFix SO is designed to be a wet slip-over filter that accepts not only the New URPro CYD, but 55mm filters. The added benefits of using 55mm filters topside are beneficial but it's important to note that some cameras will vignette even when using our custom ultra low-profile Topside filters.

Ive got to say that these things are pretty awesome having used it on a weeks diving with the hero 3 black, Zero vignette in all modes above and below water with the low profile filters. Clips on and off in fractions of a second and you can screw in any 55mm filter quite easily.

Edit I just heard there may still be vignette in the silver and white models similar to how the hD1 and HD2 cameras do but blacks should be vignette free in all modes at least they are in mine and no blacks tested so far have shown any vignette as far as I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom