Kind ask for Your help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plotek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Oly XZ-1 in Oly housing and Inon UWL100 wet lens plus dome unit. Some times I can found a wavy shadow (transparent) line on the images. The position of this line is changing during the dive. I have no idea what it is but I suspect something with wet lens (inside dome glass or some dirt on back lens) because I did not see it without lens. My camera was once flooded, but the images on land are ok, so I do not think so that it is something with camera.
Maybe some of You aleady has such problem and can help me to identify source of this issue.

podpisane_20121025_2097728565.jpg

Attachments

• podpisane_20121025_1842254057.jpg
    podpisane_20121025_1842254057.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 157
Air caught in between the wet lens and the port?

I think fisheater is right. You should burp the wet adapter after getting into the water to remove all the air trapped between the adapter and the lens port.

Looks like a string. Do you have a port cover or a strobe diffuser that is attached by string?
Yes I have two lamps both with diffuser attached with string. It was also my idea so for last dive I rigged my set up to hide all strings.

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:21 PM ----------

fisheater and jlyle thaks for advice I will try it. I set up everything on land and go UW.
Is the air bubble can create such line instead of circle??

Yes, air is trapped between the adapter and the lens port. The water/air interface is a horizontal line. The first time it happened to me, I thought I had fl**ded the housing!

(I don't like to use the f-word!)

Back
Top Bottom