looking to do some diving while in Waikiki at the end of this month, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha thats funny... my air consumption got a lot better with the amount of dives i did out there. It was awesome diving and my luck was spot on. Got to hit everything from north shore to the corsair with zero current and unlimited viz... even went over to the pyramids and wine racks and "played" with the subs haha

I'm better than I was, for sure. My last dive was with Gabe on the Sea Tiger and I actually came up with single-digit NDL time left. I was pretty stoked! :) Have yet to dive the San Pedro or YO. It's on my list. It just seems like conditions aren't great in that area when I go out. (shrug)

I got to do the Sea Tiger 3 times and the San Pedro and Yo twice... The are nice wrecks and haves some easy penetration points... Although not much to see and limited by NDL i loved the corsair but that might have something to do with being a wwII buf... I also really enjoyed Makaha caverns... eh screw it who am i kidding i cant pick a favorite theyre all great lol

I have a buddy who dives Makaha caverns pretty regularly. Once the surf kicks us off the north shore, I'm going to join him out there. Word has it a smallish tiger (6'ish) frequents that area. How epic would THAT be!? Haha

Wow really?!?! I wish I got to see that... I didnt see a single shark while I was out there diving (except for the shark cage snorkel off north shore) I was really hoping to see some white tips. A tiger wouldve been a big plus!! Gabe went over to Kona will I was there to dive with tigers and I was very jealous lol

IF I ever see a bigger shark, I'll surely post pictures. I have a couple of short videos on youtube of a WT I saw at Electric Beach. If you search kparkerjf, that'll take you to my "channel." The vids are listed and named appropriately. Saw an octopus and a WT on the same dive. It was pretty cool!

And we have officially hijacked this thread. Apologies to the OP. haha

As per everyone's recommendations I ended up doing two days of boat diving with Gabe's crew and had a blast! Liv took great care of us and showed us some great dive spots. I will be diving with them again the next time I go out there. Ended up going to the YO-257 wreck and turtle canyon the first day and the Mahi wreck and Makaha Caverns the second day. I have about 45mins of video to go through so will post some videos once I'm done. I wish I could move to Oahu for a while to dive all of the sites, especially wrecks. It's so beautiful out there!

Side note, found this eel while snorkeling at night, anyone know what kind it is? A ? eel - YouTube

As per everyone's recommendations I ended up doing two days of boat diving with Gabe's crew and had a blast! Liv took great care of us and showed us some great dive spots. SNIPPED FOR BREVITY

See, Gabe mo bedda!!! Haha. I took my daughter to Gabe for an intro dive (she's on the mainland for her last year of college. When she gets back, she's doing her OWC with him), I'm taking my oldest daughter and son-in-law to him for intro dives and I'm gonna take my rescue diver course with him when I'm qualified to take it. I'm a huge fan. I just wish more of my local buddies would dive more!

As for your eel, I don't know. What I do know is when I snorkel, I usually have my wife with me. Had she seen that, she would have been the third person in history to walk on water. LOL

I look forward to seeing the other videos!

Kevin

As per everyone's recommendations I ended up doing two days of boat diving with Gabe's crew and had a blast! Liv took great care of us and showed us some great dive spots. I will be diving with them again the next time I go out there. Ended up going to the YO-257 wreck and turtle canyon the first day and the Mahi wreck and Makaha Caverns the second day. I have about 45mins of video to go through so will post some videos once I'm done. I wish I could move to Oahu for a while to dive all of the sites, especially wrecks. It's so beautiful out there!

Side note, found this eel while snorkeling at night, anyone know what kind it is? A ? eel - YouTube

Conger Eels, Family Congridae

Looks like the mustache conger, never seen one in person myself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom