Best Anti-Fog for tec divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not dilute the baby shampoo. I just squeeze a dab onto each lens and rub it around very well and then rinse it out.

I do not dilute the baby shampoo. I just squeeze a dab onto each lens and rub it around very well and then rinse it out.

I do exactly the same thing. It leaves enough shampoo on the lens to protect you from any fogging even if your mask is leaking and you have to clear it many times.

The application can be done the day before or longer. The shampoo will just dry on the lens and the first dunking will even it perfectly.

All this is very good but I mostly use spit now <(i keep forgetting the shampoo :)). A properly cleaned mask is the basic requirement.

I have been diving under ice and in the tropics. No difference.

I ditto Baby Shampoo. Double-ditto applying a small amount onto a dry lens, smearing it all over, pour water on, rub hard, rinse twice. Check you didn't miss a bit - there should be a tiny soapy film on the inside of the lense but any more leaves you with bubbles up the nose.

I spit when necessary and regard Baby Shampoo as moderately superior for anti-fog and greatly superior for hygiene and mask cleanliness. Especially in shop hire-gear. I can't comment on commercial anti-fog because I've never had any to try but have been told its pretty good.

I use Dawn dish detergent. I put one drop on the lens, smear it and leave it in there until the day of the dive. During the day of the dive I either dip the mask in a bucket of water before jumping in, or if it's less intense just do a small mask clear. Seems to work the entire day. However, once I put too much Dawn on the lens and that was a problem.

The last time I used the Dawn foam pump stuff and that required even less prep.

X

Wait, there isn't DIR approved defog? Those guys are off their game.

Whats everyones favorite anti-fog I like mcnetts sea drops ive had bad luck with anything else

Whiskey seems to work wonders. Who cares if it fogs cus I'll be happy.

DIR guys are trained to dive blind anyway so who cares it if fogs lol!

If whiskey isn't available, I'll prep my masks with lighter fluid and later rubbing alcohol, followed by a good toothpaste scrub and before a drive a drop or 2 of baby shampoo.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom