Puerto Galera Gay Scene: Tell me about it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IME, there are a few lady-boys hanging around trying to pull a trick from some drunked up 'curious' foreigner but they're harmless. Rarely you happen upon a town where they're everywhere.....

I was drunk in Moalboal for one week (literally) with a mad Scotsman coming off a boat from the North Sea. We both liked a dram and became drinking buddies in Cebu and then took it on the road. During the Moalboal low season there were hardly a foreigner to be seen and the weather was awful... so we stayed in the bars. There were heaps of ladyboys also on a 'roadtrip'... but all good fun.

One memory I'll never forget is a 'moment of clarity' while completely blasted at 2 in the morning. One ladyboy named Bogart, belting out 'It's raining men' on karaoke while one of his friends was doing chinups from the rafters of the wee shed we were drinking in.

Good times

Take a look at a map, Puerto Galera is a small town on the north eastern tip of Mindoro, what we commonly refer to as PG is an area that includes all of the beach resorts close by. The whole area is roughly the size of San Francisco made up of different towns and beaches. Most of the diving starts out in Sabang and small and big La Laguna. In Sabang you will find lots of Hetero evening activities, it has a reputation to keep up. Most of the Filipino non divers wouldn't been seen in Sabang, they prefer to stay at White Beach which is a few miles west of PG town. White beach has a few outdoor gay beach bars that do gay shows at night. They dress up in drag and lip sing and dance to popular music, most of it is fairly well done. I bet most of the spectators are straight just watching and enjoying the entertainment.

Spent 3 weeks around White Beach, Yeah there's a few beautiful boys walking around but they mostly are just there working, putting on the shows at night. Other than that it was usual.

when you look at it the ladyboy shows are the only source of local entertainment, there no cinema complex or theatre, so families congregate at the beach on th weekends to watch and they love it. At a glance you'd think nothing of it. But I witnessed the next batch in the making. The following day there were a group of 7/8 year old boys just playing outside our cabin when all of a sudden one of them grabbed onto a climbing frame and in the most limp wristed, campest way a kid could, started to sing ' I'm a lady' whilst swinging around the frame. Then one by one they all joined in trying to out camp one another!

I started to laugh but realised that this kid was looking upto the ladyboys and right now in his heart wants to be like them when he grows up.

kevinbalot3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom