what good deals have you gotten on dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im a addict to regulators, bcd an computers....always scouring now, dont need more but those are what i find myself looking for.

Two free like new Al80 's from a Florida friend that move to California and cannot stand cold water diving. Then I got a free bottle of mask anti fog for spending $1500 at my LDS.

Max-Air compressor that lists new for over $9,000, got it for $2050 off ebay. From same ebay store, I got a Peter Built reg rebuilding stand for $65 that sells for $895. A Peter Built reg pressure tester with 2 fill whips, and all hoses for 4 banks for $100. 4 4,500 psi banks for $75 each. The high pressure filter housing for $35 which lists somewhere around $800.

Scuba gear...oh man way way too much to list. It has taken years to amass my collection of scuba gear. Some new, with most of it being purchased used from websites like this one, to ebay, and of course CL. All but four of our tanks were purchased used for good deals, and the four I bought new I got a good deal on two and the other two I got really good deals on. Learning to shop is the best way to save money on everything you purchase.

I got a
trimix analyzer for $150
compressor for $400
booster for $350
booster for $450
2 SS scooters (UV18 and UV26) for $1800
brand new Santi drysuit for <$1000

Yes, I am a cheap bastard.

Walked into the local scuba club meeting (about 8 members) after getting my c card owning only a reg, BCD and drysuit... (ok, I had some sh*tty full foot fins and a mask that did not fit right) When it came time for intro's, I stood up and told them "Hi... I'm a new diver without any experience and not a lot of gear... looking for hints or help." After I sat down, one of the other members stood and said "Hi... I'm an old diver and I'm announcing my retirement from the sport. Young man...Why don't you give me a call?" (BTW... I was 45 at the time... Must be living right, huh?) Frank hooked me up with most of his stuff including fins, tanks, hood, gloves, bags, compass, weights, a mask that actually fits, dive flag, save a dive kit and a whole lot of little stuff that it takes years to accumulate. All for a friendship price that I'm still smiling about.
Believing in "do onto other's", About 2 weeks ago I passed on some gear to a 14 year old diver that just passed her OW class that put a big grin on her face!
Man I love to dive!!!

scored 4 al80 tanks today with the din/yoke xs scuba pro 3442 valves on em with the green/red marker for open valve position at a glance.
they have tank wraps and tank stands as well
white catalina 2009 first hydro/man date 06/09
2 black and 1 red luxfer tanks 2008 hydro/man date 09/08
all but 1 are good on visual
4 5lb soft weights, weight belt for them and 2 2lb soft weights for $140

p4pb8890232.jpg

Scored a riffe standard #2 speargun (fired a couple times like new) riffe 75' float line new, 6 bands and a gear bag + some other stuff $300

Well, I've found plenty of dive knives (sans sheaths though), snorkels and lead weights without any identification in the dive park over the years. Never have to buy those!

Brand New Oceanic 3.1 computer - $549
Aqualung titan octo/hose - $20
LIke New Aqualung Legend LX ACD 1st and 2nd stage w/ swivel (serviced in October) - $250

At least fo rme I couldnt find better deals.

Brand new mk25 S 600 for $310
Al80/Al40 in perfect shape but needing hydro for $50 each
Almost new XL Jet fins for $30
Set of LP85 Faber Doubles with Thermos/Highland needing hydro (with only 25 dives) $450
the list goes on.

It does be patient :)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom