New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time for me to eat some crow!

I got one of the GoPro 2 slip on covers before it was released for a dive trip I got back from recently and I was amazed! I was initially concerned with the statement on the SRP web site about micro bubbles but thanks to some clarification from Marty in a post, the bubbles were easy to clear up and only had to be addressed at the beginning of the dive.

A big THAN YOU to SRP for getting me a filter for our trip. It was a good investment.

Time for me to eat some crow!

I got one of the GoPro 2 slip on covers before it was released for a dive trip I got back from recently and I was amazed! I was initially concerned with the statement on the SRP web site about micro bubbles but thanks to some clarification from Marty in a post, the bubbles were easy to clear up and only had to be addressed at the beginning of the dive.

A big THAN YOU to SRP for getting me a filter for our trip. It was a good investment.

No worries rdog, I can understand the concern you had, and it was just awkward timing for all of us...no reason to apologize. Very happy to hear you were satisfied with the results! We would love to see some of the footage from your trip!

how long will i have to wait for the hero3 filter?

Hi Murfdizzle, We are releasing the details and images of the new filter at DEMA on November 14th, We hope to begin shipping shortly there after. So to answer you question, the wait isn't going to be much longer....We will be shipping before November 20th.

Hey Murf.. I do not know what is up but I saw the hero 3 blk in Best Buy with all of the new Hero3 items. Bats, mounts, lcd, remote etc

ya the best buy by me had a couple but ran out in an hour or so. I order mine from GoPro's website the day after they announced it, says it is suppose to ship later this week... so keeping my fingers crossed.

[video=youtube;UV-pkl1VTF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-pkl1VTF4[/video]

BlurFix 3 SO Slip over filter system for GoPro Hero3 by Snake River Prototyping. Customers who already own the BlurFix original will be able to use the 55mm filters they already own by Purchasing the BlurFix3 SO Naked. The BlurFix3 SO featuring the URPRo CYD utilizes the BlurFix3 Naked as well, so simply unscrew the CYD filter and all the filter possibilities in 55mm are now possible for your Hero3!

Blurfix3 SO will not vignette using the URPRO CYD (Dome CY filter) in any mode. Slight vignetting may be present in all hero3 cameras using the BlurFix3 SO topside. This may be true for all Hero3 cameras. The first several Hero3 Blacks had no vignetting, however we just got our hands on another and it had slight vignetting with the topside filters. We tested the Hero3 White and silver and saw slight vignetting in 960 mode topside, and a very slight amount using the 55mm URPro filters. The vignetting disappeared 100% when taken underwater, but we are doing everything possible to make our customers aware of the potential vignetting topside prior to releasing products for sale.

The BlurFix SO is designed to be a wet slip-over filter that accepts not only the New URPro CYD, but 55mm filters. The added benefits of using 55mm filters topside are beneficial but it's important to note that some cameras will vignette even when using our custom ultra low-profile Topside filters.

Last edited:
Oh great... but my piggy bank not filled up yet.

This may be an idiotic question, but what's the best way to carry this filter under water. I know it comes with a little carry case which I assume is for out of the water. But seeing as the filter gives best results at certain depths, and isn't needed above the water or at very shallow depths how do you all carry this piece of kit. BC pocket? Lanyard?

I'm a bit concerned that I'll drop it unless I have it tethered to something trying to put it on and take it off under water.

Back
Top Bottom