some pics with the 60mm f 2.8 on land

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great stuff !!

Mine is almost here ... UPS shows it as having arrived, just needs to clear customs tomorrow !!!!

Yup, I have been using my E-3 underwater for several years, there are some pics on my Flickr site - see the link in my signature.

Had my first outing with the 60mm this weekend, awesome lens.

Yup the 50mm is an awesome lens. Sometimes I use it with the 1.4 or 2.0 tele converter.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yup the 50mm is an awesome lens. Sometimes I use it with the 1.4 or 2.0 tele converter.

What camera are you talking about? Not the Oly OMD EM5, is it? Is there a tele converter for its lenses?

Hi

Nope, not the OM-D. There is currently no TC available.

I was using the 50mm plus TC with my E-3.

Hello All,

Just returned from DEMA and we will be seeing a way to extend the focal length of the Olympus 60mm macro soon. Kenko has extension tubs coming which will take the lens beyond 1:1 with auto focus still working.

Nauticam is working on two extension rings for the 35mm, 45mm and 65mm ports. They will be 20 and 30mm rings and Nauticam is now working out the locking system for attaching the ports. We should see the 60 macro port first then the extension ports. This will allow the Kenko extension tubs to be used with the 45 and 60 macros.

Like Andy I have used the 1.4 and 2X tele converters with the Olympus 50mm macro for my 43 Olympus E-3 DSLR for years. Love the 50+1.4 combo and find the 60mm macro for M43 to be much like it without the tele converter. I am a much bigger fan of tele converters than I am of extension tubes becaues they add distance between subject and camera where as the extension tubes reduce it. I hope to see a tele converter from Olympus for M43 lenses at some point. I also used the 1.4 tele converter with the 8mm fisheye on the E-3 and had a lot of fun with that combo.

For those of you that are Ikelite fans and have wished for an IKE housing for mirrorless cameras it appears they will at some point release such a housing for the Canon M system. I would expect it to work with the new Manta strobe also announced which will be the first full fiber optic strobe from Ikelite. The strobe is quite small, not to much larger than the INON S-2000 and as small as the INON Z-240. No guide number or color temp info on the new strobe which also will use AA power rather than an IKE battery.

The Olympus housing for EM-5 now supports a full range of ZEN Underwater ports with the new adapter and a new 8mm fisheye design.

NO adapter for ZEN ports to Nauticam EM-5 housing was shown.

Phil Rudin

I bought the Kenko extension tubes together with my 60mm. I have yet to test them out, but given how close I managed to get to the subjects without them, adding lighting could be an issue in certain circumstances.
Like Phil I prefer a TC for the working distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom