A question about the devils eye/ear entrances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Gainesville and might be able to dive with you depending on when it is in exchange for you paying my 30 dollar entrance fee to ginnie
icosm14.gif
. I'm fairly new too and have no interest in going into the caves. you can mail me at scubadoobadoo at envenomated.com

It is amazing that you never did an intro to the board and your first post was this response to a new diver who was asking questions. You offer to be his dive buddy if he pays your entrance fee then you say you have no interest in going into caves but here you are hell bent on getting info from experienced divers to go into a cave. You also are arrogant when people try to help you with GOOD information and are willing Mentor you in this endeavor to try to save your life and possibly some one else's life that may have to go in for a rescue/recovery.

I am beside my self........ Are you just young and cheap or do you wish to commit suicide. Please prove me wrong and listen and learn. Going through life with a closed mind is not what it is cracked up to be.

I vote for advising the owners and let them read this thread. They have liabilities and also need to be protected.

Lowviz saw it, here is a link to the Ginnie Springs rules.

Full Service Dive Center at Ginnie Springs Outdoors

I did NOT say I was going to break a rule at Ginnie springs outdoors. IF I GO TO GINNIE SPRINGS I WILL ABIDE BY THEIR RULES

I did NOT say I was going to do this dive, ever, in any post. I asked about how the topography was and if it was safe like the ballroom at Ginnie. How could I possibly know without either going, or asking?

but just for spits and giggles, IF I DID decide to do this dive, and I went down the santa fe river and anchored my boat in the river I would not be doing a dang thing against any rules AT ALL. That cave is in navigable waters and according to the Equal Footing Doctrine, Ginnie Springs cannot tell me what to do on state property.

Even when I did start asking about actually taking a cavern class you still pile on like honey badgers and scream how nobody should dive in cave except you.

I did NOT say I was going to break a rule at Ginnie springs outdoors. IF I GO TO GINNIE SPRINGS I WILL ABIDE BY THEIR RULES

I did NOT say I was going to do this dive, ever, in any post. I asked about how the topography was and if it was safe like the ballroom at Ginnie. How could I possibly know without either going, or asking?

but just for spits and giggles, IF I DID decide to do this dive, and I went down the santa fe river and anchored my boat in the river I would not be doing a dang thing against any rules AT ALL. That cave is in navigable waters and according to the Equal Footing Doctrine, Ginnie Springs cannot tell me what to do on state property.

Even when I did start asking about actually taking a cavern class you still pile on like honey badgers and scream how nobody should dive in cave except you.

I will admit I am not up on Maritime law, but are the spring runs considered navigable waterways?

I also don't see anyone saying we are the only ones who can dive in caves. I am trying to help you so you can safely dive in caves.

I will admit I am not up on Maritime law, but are the spring runs considered navigable waterways?

I also don't see anyone saying we are the only ones who can dive in caves. I am trying to help you so you can safely dive in caves.

Yes, even if you can only get a kayak into it from an ocean or river it is navigable waters. Technically you need a dive flag on a boat or buoy to dive in the ballroom.

Edit:

http://www.nationalrivers.org/us-law-who-owns.htm

You did say you are considering doing this dive. That sure sounds like if you got the info you were after that you intended on doing it. You did not start asking to take a cavern class until one was offered to you for free. I do not think I should be the only one in a cave, I teach cavern diving and encourage all my student to take the class because I enjoy it so much. I do not teach that class for the money, as I do not make much if any on that, because I have to travel to the caves.

You go do what you want. Good luck

Do the effing dive, die and let's get this **** over with.

Actually I think I want to take the cavern class after looking at whats his names website...

400 bucks seems awfully steep though.

You know, we are always accused of being protectionist and wanting to keep the caves to ourselves, when we try to get people to take training to dive in them. I've never really understood that. By recommending that someone take a class, it seems to me we are trying to FACILITATE getting other people into the caves -- and more importantly, back out of them :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom