A question about the devils eye/ear entrances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trolololololol...

save the money on the cavern class and the spare air and buy a gopro and stick it on a little helmet cam so the body recovery teams can get some giggles out of watching how you got yourself stuck....

TROLOLO....

[video=youtube;1orMXD_Ijbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs[/video]LOL

Magnolia, he's a troll. Don't get involved. You'll waste keystrokes just like we did.

I know... figured about his 2 or 3rd post that he, if indeed it is a he, was a self important oxygen thief bucking for a darwin award. My sole interest was correcting his comment about state land. thanks bunches... anne

I've done 4 cenote dives in Mexico and would like to do some more sometime. I have no interest in ever cave diving but I might take a cavern course sometime. I've read every post in this thread and have learned a lot as I'm sure others have also. All the keystokes were not wasted.

Steve you HAVE to do one of those clinics in North Florida!

I've done 4 cenote dives in Mexico and would like to do some more sometime. I have no interest in ever cave diving but I might take a cavern course sometime. I've read every post in this thread and have learned a lot as I'm sure others have also. All the keystokes were not wasted.

Next time you go to Mexico, consider the cenotes in Bacalar. If you have google earth you can clearly see them in an aerial view. One has a swim thru into the main lagoon. No, I cannot reccomend a dive shop there. Guys from my group of friends live there and dive them off an on. Bacalar is on the lagoon of the seven colors a few miles north of Chetumal.

Riddle me this:

Who is more reckless, ignorant and stupid? A diver who sees a cave, gets an idea in the middle of a dive, and goes in or a diver who sees a cave and has an idea to go in, goes home and starts pulling up maps and charts, videos of other people diving that particular cave and even posts on a forum to get the "lay of the land" from people who have been in that particular cave before, wades through all the useless replies like yours, gets the gems of good information about the cave, then armed with that information makes an informed decision whether or not to just go ahead and do it, or take a cavern class before doing it, or whether to do it at all?
I realize that the spare air comment almost certainly puts you into the troll category, but I had a response for this in mind when I read that post and can't stop myself from replying.

There are two ways to answer your riddle.

1) Reword it this way: Who is more reckless, ignorant, and stupid? The one who does something really incredibly stupid, or the one who does something merely very stupid? Yes, there is a difference in the degree of stupidity, but neither one is on the plus side of the golden mean.

2) Reword it this way: Who is more reckless, ignorant, and stupid? The one who impulsively does a stupid act without understanding the danger and the consequences, or the one who researches is thoroughly, finds out how dangerous and stupid it is, and then does it anyway? I would argue that the second is the more reckless and stupid.

BTW, I just looked at two different maps of Ginnie, one of which is hanging on my wall, and each shows the connection of the eye and the ear very differently. Which one would you follow?

Not a bad idea... but there are not any caves in Toronto!

Perhaps I can arrange a disaster scenario clinic... ummmm

I meant the mentoring part. There's always the Paper Factory. I heard there is a cave in Ontario. It's location is kept very secret, but I've heard it mentioned by some local cave divers...

The Disaster Scenario Clinic sounds good, but you've got to bring it down a notch... or three... :)

...//...The Disaster Scenario Clinic sounds good, but you've got to bring it down a notch... or three... :)

Having been through one, I'll add that the clinic is designed to take each participant just out of his/her comfort zone. It is set up so that nobody is overwhelmed.

Agreed. Low Vis and I were both there in full "tech gear" as were others in SM and doppler was on a rebreather. But Seahorse81 was also there in a single tank with standard reg set up and jacket bc. She got what she needed out of it to the degree she was comfortable and challenged to her level. The great thing about the course is that in reality the class sets the tasks to a certain degree and at the level they are ok with. Doppler is the one who takes those up a bit to challenge and expand your abilities. But at no time is anyone pushed too far. That's not the idea. The idea is to allow you to push yourself and evaluate the responses to the tasks. While introducing items that will make you think and prepare yourself for those situations that before might have been "oh shiite" moments. They now become "I can handle this" ones. A great class that I want to offer in a more strictly recreational set up mode for the majority of my own students. And would love to help with another that Doppler would run.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom