Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just gotta throw this in. I was able to meet Ron at DEMA and he's not only a really sharp guy but very nice as well. Having said that, don't be fooled. His wife is the real brains behind this computer and so much better looking! :D

<snip>...don't be fooled. His wife is the real brains behind this computer and so much better looking! :D
Very true.

Ron

---------- Post added November 24th, 2012 at 09:01 AM ----------

Well hopefully my wife will miss this - not chance. so, how do I get a pink one?
The message I got was in stock, but some colors going fast.

Ron

Although it looks like a nice computer I can't resist commenting that is priced higher than a Petrel with less functionality

I think you make a very valid point.

It's true- a hard case, molded to fit the Cobalt, $25, available in March.

Ron

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I've been waiting for this for what, two years?

I have just got back from 9 days diving in gozo
my cobalt worked without any problems till the last day when after diving quite deep the computer locked up at 21.7 meters and has stayed on and in dive mode since, i wonder if i re updated this would solve my problem but am worried this may occur again in the future luckily i was diving with two computers and so managed to surface safely using my older uemis computer has this happened to anyone else and can it be simply reset any advice would be useful i have scrolled through this thread but it is quite long and i never see anything relating to my issue i purchased the cobalt recently and it is ser no 2112-07985 many thanks from neil in the uk

Although it looks like a nice computer I can't resist commenting that is priced higher than a Petrel with less functionality

As someone who used the Cobalt for planned decompression diving with multiple gas switches and has now moved on to a Petrel for the same dives, I can say the two computers are both great and each is better certain things.

Unsurprisingly, the Petrel has greater tech-friendly functionality, including more gasses, the ability to redefine gasses while on a dive, and trimix capability. It can go CC as well as OC. Its interface, however, is clunky and poorly designed compared to the Cobalt -- and I like the Petrel's interface, it's not that bad. The Petrel lacks a compass. The Petrel has a lousy, clunky dive planner that can't save dives or give NDLs for a given surface interval. The Petrel's VPM/gradient factor algo will keep you in the water almost twice as long for deco as the Cobalt's RGBM algo, and will give you markedly shorter NDLs.

Your comment seems simplistic and uninformed, to put it politely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom