Diving and Exercise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are going to learn more about your body as you load more dives. Conservatism is your best bet. The research done hardly applies to recreational divers - not enough money to pay for proper scale. Commercial and military diving pays for very different research.

The DAN article was a little old (2008) I think the others I sent you were newer. There has been plenty of research on recreational diving, But most of it is academic and behind paywalls. That's whay I love looking up diving on my schools library network!

OP, your plans look fine, I don't think you need to change your dive to Friday, although they are your dives to do as you please.

DeeperOut, where did you get your info on the 12 Hour minimum exercising idea?

Sounds like enough time, you will most likely feel tired in the legs if you beach dive from the day before activities. Usually I would move my long runs to Saturday and then dive Sunday the cold water soak is always good on the muscles. :). good luck

I would prefer that but unfortunately due to my travel schedule I always an flying somewhere on Sunday so I try and end diving activities by noon on Saturday.

Current plan is a couple reef drifts on this Saturday. Nothing deeper than 60 feet for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wouldnt worry too much about your proposed schedule, when I was operational, we did stuff far far worse, and after deco dives. Not that I would recommend it :)

Well for this weekend at least it's a moot point. Rough seas are canceling my dive. Aw well, I'll have to try again in a couple weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom