SCUBAPRO New parts for life program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Beav,

Got a picture? I heard SP was losing the TIS fins this year.

Here's a picture of the 50th Anniversary MK25/S600 limited editions that will be sold in 2013. There is Titanium, Black, and then Gold!

291801_556702091013433_470267222_n.jpg254983_556700411013601_2037789547_n.jpg65151_556699024347073_941886255_n.jpg

Chrome port plugs!!! Maybe there just was not that much to commemorate.

Chrome port plugs!!! Maybe there just was not that much to commemorate.

Nah! They just cut costs by using the same ones they had rather than making new ones. If I didn't just ditch all my ScubaPros and finally settle purely on HOG regs, I might have purchased the black edition -- that is one suh-weeet lookin' reg. But having to keep papers in order, dealers treating me poorly if I didn't, and now having to pay $35 per stage (I had 4 stages) + $40 parts each that the shop charges, etc. caused me to purge my life of the ScubaPro curse. Won't look back. I service my HOG regs myself for $25/set. BTW: The gold reg would be sweet, too, if it had gold plugs (or even black ones) -- and was a bit less 'matte' and more chrome.

edit... forget it.... to sarcastic even for my taste.

You forgot to add to call before midnight tonight. lol
OK,

Beaver Divers is having a Beaver Moon event.

FYI:Beaver moon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Beaver moon is, according to North American weather folklore, the first full moon which occurs in November. This full moon occurs in fall in the Northern Hemisphere.
Two reasons are given for the coupling of the November moon with the flat-tailed aquatic animal: (a) November is a month when many hunters used to set leghold traps for beaver,[1] and (b) November is a month when many beaver families are especially active in rebuilding their beaver lodges and dams.[2] Much of the mammals' building and repair work takes place by moonlight, because the beaver is primarily nocturnal. Both explanations implicate November's position as the last full month before the coming of winter, as beaver (which do not hibernate) need to have ready access to food during the cold months, and need to grow an especially lush pelt of fur so as to be prepared. By the traditional valuation standards of the fur trade, a late-fall beaver pelt was worth more than a pelt harvested during other seasons of the year.

I spend 5 each time I go to starbucks for a latte. I have scubapro (4) , atomic (8) and dive rite (4) regs. None of them give me parts for life and really I don't think that 30 per reg for parts every 2 years mitigates my decision one bit.
I love the way the scuba pro's breathe deep or when working really hard, it's a subjective measurement that's very subtle. Not sure what all the parts anger is about, maintaining regs for less than the yearly coffee budget seems acceptable to me.

Maintenance costs pale in comparison to what we're spending on drysuits, scooters, lights and the rest of the kit. Heck just the costs of rotating batteries in our backup lights exceed the reg kit every two years....

I spend 5 each time I go to starbucks for a latte. I have scubapro (4) , atomic (8) and dive rite (4) regs. None of them give me parts for life and really I don't think that 30 per reg for parts every 2 years mitigates my decision one bit.
I love the way the scuba pro's breathe deep or when working really hard, it's a subjective measurement that's very subtle. Not sure what all the parts anger is about, maintaining regs for less than the yearly coffee budget seems acceptable to me.

Maintenance costs pale in comparison to what we're spending on drysuits, scooters, lights and the rest of the kit. Heck just the costs of rotating batteries in our backup lights exceed the reg kit every two years....

So. I guess you won't mind paying a bit more for other things - like food, gas, and taxes. Some folks would rather brew their own coffee to save $$ so they can spend it in a more satisfying manner.

Thanks Beav,

Got a picture? I heard SP was losing the TIS fins this year.
Here's a pic of the Gold MK25/S600. Yes, the TIS fins are still present for cold water diving.

Gold%20Anniversary%2025-600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom