Dive center Nabq Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slowrise

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Earlier this year we decided to take a winter vacation somewhere warm rather than go skiing as we usually do. Since then I and my son have taken up diving, so I'd like to find a good dive centre. We're staying at the Mirabel resort in Nabq Bay. The trip was planned before diving was a consideration so I've no idea if this is a good or bad location etc.

My son is and I are not experienced divers. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks! I've sent out some mails, but it's hard to separate the good from the bad based on Internet research. I've sent a PM as well.

Thanks for the recommendation Solly! :D

For Slowrise- I will reply to your PM directly. I am not really familiar with dive centres in Nabq because I never go there, but equally, there's nobody that leaps out of my mind as being able to offer the same quality of service that the bigger centres in Na'ama Bay can offer. Nabq is a bit out of the way, but should you choose to dive with a centre that's located elsewhere, they will probably have some form of transportation service (usually free) and there are regular hotel shuttles between the Nabq and Na'ama.

We do have a small centre in the Baron resort which is close to the airport, and we do get the odd customer staying in the Jaz Mirabel so I know for sure that we can offer a free ride to our Na'ama Bay centre as required. As always, I don't like to promote my own centre any further than basic info because I'm not here to sell anything, so I'm off directly to my PMs to sell it there instead! :D

Cheers

C.

All assistance much appreciated! We've decided to go with one of the larger operator either in Naama or in Sharm proper. If there is a next time we'll make sure to plan the accommodations a bit better wrt diving.

All assistance much appreciated! We've decided to go with one of the larger operator either in Naama or in Sharm proper. If there is a next time we'll make sure to plan the accommodations a bit better wrt diving.

Not sure if it is still relevant, but Nabq is an amazing place for diving, snorkeling and walking on the beach (watching wildlife, birds, mongroves etc)!

In my opinion, among the best of the best- and as a plus it is also not so popular.

Not sure how it is nowadays with local resorts and new regulations, but in the past it was also an awesome experience at night- almost no light pollution so it was superb for stargazing, and also millions of crabs stalking on the sand at night.

I just hope they try to leave it as pristine as possible and don't turn it into some Naama Bay look alike with hotels and resorts everywhere :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom