tell me about cave diving in Mexico ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too Eric ... can't wait to dive with ya!

Lamont ... thanks for the catalogue of great suggestions. We'll be joining Cave Country's trip, and those will come in handy once we start talking venues ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

oh, that should be a perfect pairing - you & the cave country trip! there's a really great thread on dive matrix i started a couple of years ago about going to mexico. some stuff isn't up to date, but the general gist is very helpful.

take lots of small bill cash. if you rent a car, assume it will be a stick. we had no problems whatsoever with our car rental company, but take pictures of the car on getting & giving back, anyway, 360deg, roof, & glass. your *non-slippy* teva-type shoes will be needed, bug wipes are great, zg gives you the same tanks every day so you can leave your sm rigs on them, take a couple of 2lb weights to put on your tank cam bands to keep the tails down. depending on where you stay, a snorkle is nice for afternoon swims. eat at casa cenote (isn't that the right one, lynne?) on the beach & see the boil from the cenote in the ocean. have a ball!

I see you have already made plans, so anything I write here will be too late.

I went with Natalie Gibb in September, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would do it with you if you could postpone a couple of weeks.

Tell Tara hi, from the "regular every day average guys " :)

Nohoch is the classic, you can just do the mainline until you get tired of kicking, there's also the first jump to the left (parker's line) which T's to the left later and that is almost doable on 600 psi, which i really like better.

FYI, we did Parker's 3 weeks ago, and the T is now a jump (R).

Bob,
I've been going down to Puerto Aventuras, a little gated community about an hour south of Cancun, for the past 4-5 years. Contact Gina at PACondos.com. She has spotes studios for around $100, all the way up to units that will sleep 10+.

I took my apprentice and full cave certification with Steve Gerrard, who has been one of the first divers to explore many of the cenotes down there. Check out his The Cenotes of the Riviera Maya. The neat thing about Puerto Aventuras is that it is right in the middle of the Cenote region. There's probably a dozen or so super dive spots within 15 miles either way. Chac Mol is right across the highway. Steve is always busy, but give him a try at stevepenngerrard@hotmail.com. I know he's busy (guiding me) March 20-25, and then is heading for Hawaii after April 1. When Steve's not available I dive with Natalie, Dennis, and Carlos at Diablo Divers | cavern ? cave | experience ? education. They are NOT your typical dive shop dive guides. They will take you to dive spots no one else will.

If you have more questions drop me a note at ryost2289@aol.com, or give me a call at 503-655-1030. Be prepared to have your ear bent. I've been diving for nearly 50 years, and was ready to call it quits until I discovered cenote diving in the Puerto Aventuras area.

Richard

Richard

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom