Has anyone heard of this agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much Trace for dropping in and providing some very useful insights. I wanted to send a pm asking a question but since there are folks here who may benefit from the answer I will post here. Just like SSI does not allow their instructors to teach independently but insists on being affiliated with a shop, is it the same with PSAI? Do you have to be affiliated to a brick and mortar shop or are you allowed to be a free lancer? Thanks.

You can be independent. You may prefer it that way. Unless, you are able to find a dive shop that treats all customers from all agencies holding all levels of C-cards with genuine respect, striving to provide uncompromising quality when it comes to education, equipment and service. But, that usually erodes the moment the shop looks to hire an agency XYZ instructor rather than just the best instructor regardless of agency.

---------- Post added December 11th, 2012 at 10:41 AM ----------

Its legit!!!!

My most recent and current training is through PSAI

He lies. Aren't you forgetting that you are married? I'm sure PSAI isn't your most recent and current "training." :D

---------- Post added December 11th, 2012 at 10:41 AM ----------

He lies. Aren't you forgetting that you are married? I'm sure PSAI isn't your most recent and current "training." :D

Very true....But Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), she gave up trying to train me a LONG time ago.....you havent given up......Yet:D

I have a PSAI intro to cave card that wasn't accepted at Ginnie springs. The training was great, but it's not very recognizable. Take that for what you will.

I have a PSAI intro to cave card that wasn't accepted at Ginnie springs. The training was great, but it's not very recognizable. Take that for what you will.

I believe your problem was that you weren't allowed to dive doubles with an intro C-card. Ginnie's policy is the same for NSS-CDS and NACD intro to cave C-cards as well. Besides, when I spoke with Ginnie about your problem Corby told me he was busting your @$$ about not accepting the card. If Ginnie didn't accept PSAI cave cards, why are PSAI cave instructors allowed to teach there?
:confused:

As a potential student if you didn't know about PSAI.. I'd think you were not legit.

At a certain level with PSAI & IANTD when people see your certs they are also looking for your instructor as its a close bunch and many will not take students unless you come recommended to them from another instructor.

I believe your problem was that you weren't allowed to dive doubles with an intro C-card. Ginnie's policy is the same for NSS-CDS and NACD intro to cave C-cards as well. Besides, when I spoke with Ginnie about your problem Corby told me he was busting your @$$ about not accepting the card. If Ginnie didn't accept PSAI cave cards, why are PSAI cave instructors allowed to teach there?
:confused:

Nvm. Every great organization. Has to start somewhere. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom