Anyone Found Their Fusion Dry Core Socks Too Big and How Do You Handle It.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Bullet skin is tighter and more constrictive than the Tech or Sport in all areas of the suit.

The sport is lighter and dries faster, but I don't think there is a huge difference in the degree of compression or constriction between the two.

As soon as I read the OP, I knew what's happening to them.

If you pull on the Fusion socks like we'd do with any ol' pair of socks they won't go on correctly.

The Fusion socks are two layers, that aren't connected. The insulation is in between.

Sooo... to get them on easily....

1. Reach inside with one hand, placing your fingers to the toe
  2. Roll the socks down off your hand, so they end up inside out.
  3. STOP when the inside ankle is seen.
  4. Holding only the inside fleece, slide the sock onto your foot.
  5. Pulling on the inside only, start the sock up your leg.
  6. Eventually, you'll know when you can tug on the outside to smooth things out.

This sounds harder than it is. After doing this once, it's no harder (or slower) than a regular pair of undergarment socks.

As an aside, the Fusion socks are quite a bit warmer than my Santi BZ400 extreme socks...assuming you have good trim. If you are vertical in the water, the Fusion socks become quite a bit colder.

All the best, James

As soon as I read the OP, I knew what's happening to them.

If you pull on the Fusion socks like we'd do with any ol' pair of socks they won't go on correctly.

The Fusion socks are two layers, that aren't connected. The insulation is in between.

Sooo... to get them on easily....

1. Reach inside with one hand, placing your fingers to the toe
  2. Roll the socks down off your hand, so they end up inside out.
  3. STOP when the inside ankle is seen.
  4. Holding only the inside fleece, slide the sock onto your foot.
  5. Pulling on the inside only, start the sock up your leg.
  6. Eventually, you'll know when you can tug on the outside to smooth things out.

This sounds harder than it is. After doing this once, it's no harder (or slower) than a regular pair of undergarment socks.

As an aside, the Fusion socks are quite a bit warmer than my Santi BZ400 extreme socks...assuming you have good trim. If you are vertical in the water, the Fusion socks become quite a bit colder.

All the best, James

I thought he was calling the attached foot piece of the suit a sock. They have an actual Fusion sock?

The Fusion socks James is talking about are prototypes and are not yet publicly available. James, I had the same reaction when I read the original post, but then I realized the person was just talking about the fabric ends of the legs on the Fusion suit itself.

The Fusion socks James is talking about are prototypes and are not yet publicly available. James, I had the same reaction when I read the original post, but then I realized the person was just talking about the fabric ends of the legs on the Fusion suit itself.
Yes, that what I meant in my original post. Maybe I should say "Dry Core Feet and Ankle Portions" instead of "Dry Core Socks":blinking:

Has anyone placed their white plastic inserts inside the dry core bottom of feet portion? Any improvement of comfort?

Thanks,

Terry

I believe those inserts are primarily if you are going to use the Whites attached boots, but I'm not sure. I've never seen them myself.

I have the white inserts installed in my Fusion with the attached boot. This is the only configuration I've ever seen or heard of them being used in. I don't see how you could use them with any type of boot you have to put on after doning your suit. They are very rigid and would make putting your foot into a regular drysuit boot (like the Evo boots) very difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom