Olympus 60mm Macro Focus Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,
Just bought the 60mm macro to go with my E-PL2 in Olympus housing, but have noticed the zoom ring for the kit lens + 9-18 is a no goer....is there a manual focus gear available or am I going to have to get creative?
Cheers
Mooseman

Hmmm. Had a similar issue when I got the Panny 7-14 lens which needed a spacer to use with the zoom ring. Didn't have the spacer yet and had a trip coming up so I ended up using a rubber band, wrapped it a couple times around the zoom gear of the lens and the zoom ring worked perfectly the whole trip that way. Of course, I'm assuming that the 60mm marco lens much smaller than the zoom ring.

I've also got an E-PL2 in Oly housing. Are you planning on using the 60mm behind the stock port or do you have a zen dome for it? I've heard the 60mm works well behind the dome port which is nice - then I won't have to travel with the stock port and screw around with swapping them. What are you planning on setting the focus limiting switch to?

Good luck, and Thanks!

Brian

In a pinch, you can DIY. Buy a large-loop Velcro strip and attach it to the lens with double backed tape and the loops outward. The drive gear on the housing will engage the loops and turn the focus ring.

Hey guys,
Just bought the 60mm macro to go with my E-PL2 in Olympus housing, but have noticed the zoom ring for the kit lens + 9-18 is a no goer....is there a manual focus gear available or am I going to have to get creative?
Cheers
Mooseman
Hi Mooseman
Did you try this lens without manual focusing? I have the same lens on my E-PM1 and I never had the need to manually focus. The autofocus works fine. I changed the default large focusing area to spot focus with the spot in the center of the image.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom