Certified in Central Texas... What was I thinking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazbrooke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live in the heart of Texas... Geographically speaking.. I was Open Water certified in March 2012, went to Bonaire for my first diving after being certified, then went to Cozumel and was Advanced Open Water certified in December 2012. I have been reading on the forums, but haven't yet introduced myself.

I live in central Texas and haven't yet experienced Texas diving. I hear there are plenty of places to dive here. Centrally located, I don't see the diving opportunities (yet)... I had to drive 5 hours for my check-out dive... It would have been a little less if I'd have gone through Austin, I suppose. :)

I'm sure there is a lot more to tell.

Brooke

Brooke,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ... the on-line gateway to Poseidon’s Realm. ScubaBoard has quite a few really good members from Central Texas. It sounds like you have quite a good start, keep it up. I started diving while living in Central Iraq in an Army Tent, so five hours isn’t all that bad. :)

Happy Bubbles,

~Oldbear~
:bounce4::bounce3::bounce2:

Welcome to the swamp ! I live in central Texas and dive twice a week, I'm in Austin and there's plenty of diving without driving 5 hours. There are three lakes (Travis, Canyon and Stillhouse), a quarry or two and a couple of rivers that can be dove that are within one hour of Austin.
Most of the central Texas divers watch this page: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas/

Right now the lake level at Travis is pretty low (around 631 or 37' below average). You can still shore dive at either Mansfield or Windy Point but your best option will be to contact Robert at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

I live in the heart of Texas... Geographically speaking.. I was Open Water certified in March 2012, went to Bonaire for my first diving after being certified, then went to Cozumel and was Advanced Open Water certified in December 2012. I have been reading on the forums, but haven't yet introduced myself.

I live in central Texas and haven't yet experienced Texas diving. I hear there are plenty of places to dive here. Centrally located, I don't see the diving opportunities (yet)... I had to drive 5 hours for my check-out dive... It would have been a little less if I'd have gone through Austin, I suppose. :)

I'm sure there is a lot more to tell.

Brooke

Welcome! Glad you introduced yourself! Sounds like your already diving some great locations! Enjoy!

Welcome Brooke. We'll get some diving in when the water warms up again. Hopefully we will get some rain and the lakes will fill up a bit. After Bonaire and Cozumel you will REALLY enjoy Texas lake diving. haha

DG, I can't wait to dive Travis! I'm sure Cozumel and Bonaire will pale in comparison! I've seen video... The visibility... Wow! :wink:

I'm about 2.5 hours northwest of Austin, I can't wait to see what Texas has to offer.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Back
Top Bottom