Tough choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electrix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to choose between a week on the Cayman Aggressor or the Turks and Caicos Aggressor, what do you think ? The Kittiwake and direct flights from DFW ( starting in April ) make the Cayman sound good.

Neither. T&C Explorer.

For Turks & Caicos it is the best boat.

Why do a live-aboard in Cayman. Best diving is on Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. Just go to one of those islands and spend the week. Why risk the fact that the Cayman Aggressor won't make the crossing.

What you'll see in Turks/Caicos - Explorer not Aggressor but she was often moored at the next buoy over. Thanks to Mike Southard for this excellent summary: Saudio's Trip Reports

If you don't have to book Aggressor - watch for the annual Explorer discounts, you can do better on the price with Explorer - we saved $500 a couple years ago. They price it differently though, I think Aggressor builds in Nitrox and fuel/port fees while Explorer charges them separately when you settle up at the end of the week so in the end it's not as big a difference at list price. One advantage I noticed with Explorer is that more of their cabins are main deck level or (2 premium) above. All the Aggressor cabins are one deck down. Beds not bunks also. Explorer also has a partial extra deck - the flybridge runs 1/2 the length of the boat - it has tables/seating and a small frig they keep stocked. We were looking at Aggressor also till we saw the deal on Explorer.

I agree with SEVADiver on all accounts. I book both fleets (Aggressor and Explorer) but recommend the Explorer charters all the time. I believe they have a deal now where they will renew your DAN membership but you may have to use an agent for that perk. Off subject, the Explorer ship in the Maldives is beautiful, Carpe Vita. If I was going to the Caribbean, I too would be going to Little Cayman (and am in Oct). Best food and best diving in the Carib for the money. Good flights on Cayman Airways.

Thanks for the advice, this trip is a Christmas present so I am going to stick with the Aggressor. We were given a trip last year on the Belize Aggressor III and really enjoyed it we even had the master cabin which is above deck behind the wheelhouse which was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom