Stupid me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just prior to water entry I breath my backup first then i breath myprimary nad then give my bc/wing a shot of air. if those 3 work i can not have any problems only inconveniences.

Good info on this post! I breath off both prime and octo right after setup but have not thought about breathing off octo once in the water unless doing drills. Might have to start doing that.

I take several breaths off both the primary and secondary before each dive. I've also swapped underwater just for the practice of breathing on my Air2.

I do check both the primary and secondary prior to every dive. I use the octo while doing the safety stop and my octo is the same reg as the primary one, both are S600 (so I have exactly the same performance and comfort).

Make it a rule to do three good breaths off each of your regs, while watching the needle of your tank gauge before each dive.

Won't ever go out of style whether its your 10th dive or your 10,000th dive. You'll never jump in with a bad reg, nor a turned off tank. :)

Just do it, no exceptions.

Well, you're learning. The best time to find when something isn't working is prior to entry. Amazingly, some people don't even check the primary first, or tank psi.

Together our dive team always run through the gear checks, of which both regs get breathed off of. I much prefer a nice breathing reg for my bungee backup, as it is mine, but I also like to have a knob to detune it so it doesn't free flow when not in use which is 98% of the time.

And they say there is not need for buddy breathing practice anymore...what if? I think it is a great skill to build confidence of not having a reg at all times and getting used to passing one around.

Usually rental regs free flow, but you found the one that doesn't work...a good reason to own your own gear right there.

I breath off both before each dive and watch for any deflection on my SPG. I also breath off my back up during the safety stop just for something to do.

Back
Top Bottom