Snorkel - - Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caseywilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
You gave me some great tips for snorkeling while we're on Kauai.

Now I back for more. It looks like we'll have lots of time on Oahu and a rental car. How about some place to snorkel between Kailua and Waikiki? Hmmmm, do I remember a "clothing not requied" beach somewhere along that stretch? Again, showers would be a plus, but not required.

In another lifetime I was stationed at MCB Kaneohe and did some diving with the old aqua-lung gear and one piece masks, the kind with the big oval picture window in front. The tallest hotel on Waikiki then was 15 stories so don't blame me if I don't remember many details about the area.

Regards,

Casey

Did you ever find anything? Vacationing there to see the In-Laws next 1/2 - 1/10 and Wife isn't for SCUBA but loves snorkeling. I'm of course going to get a dive or two in but enjoy snorkel as well. Let me know what you've got!

Haunama Bay is an option, as is Makapuu. North Shore is probably going to be too messy.

I accept any advice that you have to give just because you have Neutral Buoyancy Turtle!!

Did you ever find anything? Vacationing there to see the In-Laws next 1/2 - 1/10 and Wife isn't for SCUBA but loves snorkeling. I'm of course going to get a dive or two in but enjoy snorkel as well. Let me know what you've got!
Hi Brian, we ended up snorkeling on Maui. We drove a circuit around Oahu though and I'll say both Dr. Lecter's suggestions looked great from the shore. Between the two, I'd have selected Haunama Bay if we'd had time. By the way, if the tide is in and the swells are rolling 4-5 feet definitely stop at the Blow Hole with your camera(s). Have a great time. Casey

Thanks! Hanauma was recommended by some other folks we've talked to as well. I'm looking forward to 80 degree water temps and beautiful wildlife. Warmest I've ever dove is 75 degrees so it should be great.

Back
Top Bottom