Ginnie Springs Solo Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Ginnie Springs allow solo diving?

dont think anyone is going to pull you out of the water if you get in alone. just like theres nobody guarding the reaper sign checking for cave certs..

I think you've gotten plenty of feedback on the matter of diving solo. I'd like to address your other questions, about whether it is safe to dive with someone you don't know.

There are a lot of people out there who dive, and the best thing to do is to make contact with the person before you're at the dive site, and chat a bit about who you are and how you approach diving. If you are a careful person who wants to make a plan and stick to it, and the other person is someone who has a much more casual approach, you would not be a good fit as buddies. If you talk and like one another, then sticking to your training should allow you to do a pleasant dive together. Make a plan, do a good buddy check, agree to stay together no matter what, and go diving. I have dived with many folks I hadn't met before (quite a few of them contacts from here on ScubaBoard) and I've only had one issue, and it wasn't a safety thing, just an annoyance.

You can certainly post in the Florida subforum here and ask for buddies. And don't let anyone tell you that diving outside of the overhead environment at Ginnie isn't fun -- the water is crystal clear, and if you dive the spring run where the Devil's entrances are, you get to watch the bubbles percolate up through the limestone as though you were watching Lawrence Welk! And diving in that very shallow water, over a sandy substrate, is great buoyancy practice, and gives you a chance to see if you are kicking up the bottom. At your stage of diving, there's almost nothing you could do underwater that wouldn't be interesting and fun.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom