New Light Build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300winmag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Finally completed my build 2 days before the Mexico trip, talk about stress!!!!!!!!
The tray was primed and powder coated black mini-tex and is all aluminum. 1 5/16 pipe, 1/4 flat bar, a little 3/8 rod for the carabiner to hook up to and a 2" pipe cut down the middle as saddle for the lights to sit into.The lights are Trustfire TR-DF003. Triple XML LED's with a steady measured OTF of 1500 lumens each. Run time to be confirmed but these lights are being underdriven for the dual 26650 batteries driving them so it will be good run time. I made the diffusers from an envolope that had a "scotch tape" look to it. I bought a nice bungee rope so I can use the light at an arms length and if I need to go hands free I can just use the clip to keep it tight to my chest.
More info later, I have to go pack and get ready for the trip!!

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:20 PM ----------

3-1.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
It's the new flat lens housing and yup that's the flip up filter. Will test them out very soon :D

A thight rig there. The only thing you might need is flexible arms....

Thanx!
I positioned them according to the lights beam patterns, tacked them in place, tested it then did full welds and it turned out great!!... Now the lights are not made for "Video" so they still have some throw to them even after the filters but all in all I think it just might work.

Thought I would update this thread on how my lights turned out....
vlcsnap-2012-09-16-22h25m21s2.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-16-22h25m12s167.png

P1050896.jpg

P1050895.jpg

P1050893.jpg

P1050892.jpg

P1050888.jpg

P1050887.jpg

P1050886.jpg

P1050883.jpg

P1050877.jpg

P1050876.jpg

This was after using 21 tanks. AliExpress would not comment on this only that they wanted me to ship them the lights back so they could replace them with the same ones.
VISA was no help because they gave me an address to ship them back.

I didn't see this at the time, looks extremely well made and professionally finished 300winmag, congrats on the crafting skills! Now that flashlight that's a different story :D

Thanks toozler,
Ya it's a real bummer about these lights, Trustfire TR-DF003 is rated at 4000 lumens but in actuality it only puts out 1500 out the front. Due to Ali-expresses lack of responsibility
I will never shop there or recommend anyone shops there. There is a TON of people who got duped into buying this crap.... I could mod it and powder coat them though....

Back
Top Bottom