Looks like Scubapro has a new and improved G260 out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, I think Apeks started it - But I do hope SP's found a smarter way to deal with the reversal than that dreaded pin that's buried deep inside the barrel.

Apeks is about 35 years old so they are back in the pack. Scubapro made some left handed 109s in addition to the easily converted Pilots and Air 1s. And the R190 has always been convertible. Do you think they were getting ready for side mount back then??? Nah. Looking at the reg and schematic, I suspect the D-series is convertible also. DA???

If I remember correctly the notches on the D series body do not let to insert the inlet from the other side.

---------- Post added January 12th, 2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

That's true , eh.. the Pilot is reversible. I guess theoretically you can even put them into a chain ...

Mr. Couv it's Apeks :) not Apex ....

The P i l o t was ambidextrous when Apex was just a gleam in someone's eye.

I stole the image below from this worthwhile thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ator-museum-every-scubapro-reg-ever-made.html

th_DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a G250V. PM me if you want to sell yours.

$200 G250's. It's worth picking up another one before they dry up.

-Mitch

Hi, The $200.00 was for a new Scubapro G250V second stage only. Purchased it from Dolphin Scuba.

Jim Breslin[/QUOTE

The reason I asked, is that it does not seem like very long ago that Leisurepro was selling a G250V with a MK17 first stage for $359. But maybe that was before they became an "authorized" Scubapro dealer.

Hi,
Yes Leisure pro did have a good price on the MK17/G250V about 3or 4 years ago. I picked up 2 set ups at $349.00 plus shipping back then.
And yes it was when they were a grey market dealer. I sure do miss some of the good old days.
Jim

Hi,
Yes Leisure pro did have a good price on the MK17/G250V about 3or 4 years ago. I picked up 2 set ups at $349.00 plus shipping back then.
And yes it was when they were a grey market dealer. I sure do miss some of the good old days.
Jim
Jim,

How are the old days better than today?

Competitive prices & Full Warranty!

Jim,

How are the old days better than today?

Competitive prices & Full Warranty!

What did you sell the MK17 / G250V set up for in 2008 ?

My local Scubapro shop wanted full list price back when I was looking to buy.

Jim

What did you sell the MK17 / G250V set up for in 2008 ?

My local Scubapro shop wanted full list price back when I was looking to buy.

Jim
I am not sure about 2008, but today - 1/14, 2013 - you can get one for $369.00!

Back
Top Bottom