What are the logistics of going to Coz to dive alone... and does anyone want to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done solo numerous times, always fun. Hotel Cozumel, and Scuba-Du. Worth every penny.....:wink:

It's (Blue Angel) a near perfect fit including the dive shop based on the original post but besides price for a solo guest it's high season & they might already be booked up.

BA does sound like a perfect fit. But -- from their web site, their pricing really encourages two diver deals (looks like at least a $440 difference for 7 days... that's almost a plane ticket). I might stay there on another trip when I have someone to share the room with.

And... yes... according to Orbitz neither BA nor Barracuda have rooms available Feb 17th - March 3rd... which is when I will be there :).

I have always taken my wife who isn't a diver, so I definitely do the diving solo. However, as has been mentioned earlier, it's easy to buddy up on the dive boat with another solo diver or the DM. I think you will really like the diving and the people.

You can email the owner of Costa Brava at cosbrava@prodigy.net.mex.
Her name is Elena.
Also, ask her to quote you a price per night if you pay in cash U.S......they will usually give you a much better rate.

This email address bounced :/ It's the same one I found for them on the web as well.
Update: Figured it out -- it's .mx, not .mex :wink:

Go solo and just pair up with the DM. Easy peasy......thats what I do since my wife doesn't dive. Nice thing about pairing up with the DM, you don't really have to keep a close eye on them or worry about them being some neophyte diver who you are worried is going to have issues down below. :D

I'm planning (but it's 75%, I haven't completely convinced my boss yet) to go to Cozumel from weekend 2th February to the 9th. I don't really mind a roomshare, and I would totally go for a dive buddy.

If you like a drink or two in a dive safe way, that's just a plus, of course.

I'm planning (but it's 75%, I haven't completely convinced my boss yet) to go to Cozumel from weekend 2th February to the 9th. I don't really mind a roomshare, and I would totally go for a dive buddy.

If you like a drink or two in a dive safe way, that's just a plus, of course.

I would be up for investigating the option of doing a roomshare, but I'm going the 17th of Feb to March 3rd.

I will be solo in Coz next week. I stay at vista del mar. It is right across the street (50 yards) from the pier BlueXTC, Aldora, and Aqua Safari depart from. $80/night for an ocean view room with breakfast. 5 minute walk into town.

This is what I haveOur Rates And Contact Info

[SIZE=+1]Rates:[/SIZE]
April 16, 2012 to December 17, 2012 -- $45 for single or double -- $50 for a triple
December 18, 2012 to April 15, 2013 -- $50 for single or double -- $55 for a triple

A $100 [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]dollar
[/FONT] Deposit is Required to Hold a Reservation
Prices Include tax. Children under 12 years old, sharing with parents stay free.
[/FONT]

Hotel Costa Brava is located across from
the Naval Station and the Waterfront at:
Av. Rafael E. Melgar Sur # 601
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico C.P. 77600
For reservations: phone (987) 872-14-53
or fax: (987) 872-12-90
Hotel Costa Brava - Cozumel, Mexico
[SIZE=+1]email: [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]cosbrava@prodigy.net.mx[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Return To Cozumel-hotels.Net Directory Page[/SIZE]

I just emailed from the link and it did not come back

I did Coz solo last October. My first time there, and my first dives after a year off. I stayed at the Sabor, all inclusive. I was right when I figured I would be exhausted after morning dives, and wouldn't want to eat out and about. Sabor is one of the south end pickup docks, and it's an easy 100 meter walk from the resort to the pier. I dove with Alison (ScubawithAlison) the whole week. 6-8 pack boat, and fast. 830 pickup- home by 12 for lunch, and then an opportunity to dive again in the afternoon or night. $15 cab ride to town.

Back
Top Bottom