Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been a while since I've been on the board... Been debating on a new housing and strobes for my Canon, but I decided the cost wasn't as beneficial as a new Hero3S Here are the two mounts I made yesterday... First is an extendable car squeegee pole with a pvc flat top glued to the end with 1/4" SS bolt to tripod mount. total cost: $15

The second is a tray mount. The base is plastic cutting board dremeled into a boomerang shape. The handles are sprinkler pvc segments with flat pvc tops mounted with SS bolts. The gopro is connected to the base with that plastic display mount from the original packaging, a little cutting and some SS bolts. Total cost (so far): $23

I have 3/4" locline from my old housing I will be using to mount lights to the handles via pvc adapters. Looking to do a shallow dive with it next week!!!

Gopro mount.jpg

The Pro-Holder looks interesting. Anyone know if the backscatter flip3 filter will work with it and a Hero3? Obviously I could not flip all the way back. Also, anyone add dual lights to this? Maybe via the bottom tripod mounts?

The Pro-Holder looks interesting. Anyone know if the backscatter flip3 filter will work with it and a Hero3? Obviously I could not flip all the way back. Also, anyone add dual lights to this? Maybe via the bottom tripod mounts?

I use a proholder (isteadyshot) with my hero 2 and the SRP dome filter, it worked fine. I'm sure you can use the cold shoe mount and just find an adapter to have dual arms coming off for lights. I was using just 1 light but it worked fine.

It's not mine rig but I will share it with you anyway. I found it couple days ago, looks great but too expansive for me (around £580).

Just got my proholder and put in a shoe mount for a Fantasea LED 44. Its pretty basic but its small and light and will clip onto my BC nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/JgsgK.jpg

Did this work good? Where did you get the light mount? and will it work with other lights? The don't make the light that you bought anymore. It looks like the buttons for operating the camera are difficult to get to. Any troubles?

Hero3 black with LCD BacPac, NL 10" tray and 12" flex arms. ARCHON D11V lights, XM-L Cree LED, 860 lumens ea, 110 degrees beam angle each, uses 1 18650 Li-Ion battery. Also have a Polar Pro red snap-on filter.

2013-01-20 12.53.04.jpg

amoses, I have a proholder with a Locline mount that I don't need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Has worked fine for me on 12 dives so far, clips nicely to my BCD, the buttons are blocked a little but a quick tilt of the camera back or forth and you're in business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom