Shipping a tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, lot's of hassle. As pointed out, you have to remove the valve from the tank, for air transport.

You'll be constrained by the rest of the group, on bottom time. Not sure why you'd want a steel there. Most resorts do 4-5 dives a day, so you'll have plenty of bottom time.

I do underwater photography. That is why I want a lot of bottom time. I am not going to ship a tank I don't think. United wants to charge $200 for the third check bag lol. Baggage fees are insane these days.

They don't have any 100s lol. To bad no one carries low pressure tanks either. I know a lot of guys here in southern California will use low pressure tanks due to the fact that many of the dive boats are not able to fill high pressure.

fyi owner of Crystal Blue is well known UW photographer. If my memory is correct he is here in PH till June or July. I'm sure he can set you up for whatever tanks you need. As an aside, From what I know most of us weekend warriers here diving Anilao are using 80's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom