Hawaii Wreck Diving New Years Resolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This year I made a new years resolution to dive all of the wreck dives in Hawaii. Below is the list of what I have compiled. If anyone knows of a wreck the I left off, please let me know so I can add to it. All are on Oahu unless otherwise mentioned.
Myles

RED - Already dove on this wreck

Mahi
YO-257
Corsair
Sea Tiger
San Pedro

Pele (Kauai)
Luckenbach (Kauai)
LCU East - AKA Landing Craft, LST
Barge Wrecks off Kahala
Naushau - AKA Navy Tug
Friendship
Sea Plane Wreck off Waianiae - AKA Airplane Wreck, Beachcraft
Baby Barge
New Barge
LCU West - off waianiae
Plane Wreck off Ko'olina
Pacific Wings plane wreck - AKA YS-11
Kahala Barge
PB4Y Bomber (Maui)
Corsair (Maui)
Hellcat (Maui)
Hell Diver (Maui)
Saint Anthony (Maui)
LTV (Maui)
Amtrack (Maui)
Carthagenian II (Maui)
Army Barge
Navy Barge
70 ft LCU
95 ft LCU
29 Down Airplane Wreck
Naked Lady (Big Island)
Predator (Big Island)
Airplane Wreck (Big Island)
Kauai (Big ISland)
Empire (Big ISland)

Last edited:
Not sure if there is a Corsair off Maui, but the one I know of is out of Hawaii Kai.

You have four LCUs listed off Oahu. Do you know where they all are, or have you doubled up? The two I know of are out of Waianae...one at ~75' and one at 90'. I'm pretty sure there are two plane wrecks out of Waianae, too. The names I know them as are Airplane Ledge (I think this is the Beachcraft you already have on the list) and 29 Down (from some Disney show, I've been told).

I dove the Friendship last weekend. Drop me a pm if you'd like to join the next charter out there. We might be able to get Gabe and/or Drew to come along.

For the Big Island, in addition to the wrecks in Kailua Bay (The Naked Lady and The Predator) and the Airplane wreck by the KOA airport there are a couple of wrecks / debris fields at Mahukona: The steamship Kauai, and the anchors and debris from the Empire. The latter you would be better off using a scooter to go see.

Not sure if there is a Corsair off Maui, but the one I know of is out of Hawaii Kai.

You have four LCUs listed off Oahu. Do you know where they all are, or have you doubled up? The two I know of are out of Waianae...one at ~75' and one at 90'. I'm pretty sure there are two plane wrecks out of Waianae, too. The names I know them as are Airplane Ledge (I think this is the Beachcraft you already have on the list) and 29 Down (from some Disney show, I've been told).

There is one off hawaii kai (already dove it). There is also one of Maui, but from what I understand it is primarily a debris field since it broke up on impact with the water.

---------- Post added January 28th, 2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

They are on it now.

---------- Post added January 28th, 2013 at 03:40 PM ----------

PM sent

I dove the Friendship last weekend. Drop me a pm if you'd like to join the next charter out there. We might be able to get Gabe and/or Drew to come along.

RED - Already dove on this wreck

Mahi
YO-257
Corsair
Sea Tiger
San Pedro
Pele (Kauai)
Luckenbach (Kauai)
LCU East - AKA Landing Craft, LST
Barge Wrecks off Kahala
Naushau - AKA Navy Tug
Friendship
Sea Plane Wreck off Waianiae - AKA Airplane Wreck, Beachcraft
Baby Barge
New Barge
LCU West - off waianiae
Plane Wreck off Ko'olina
Pacific Wings plane wreck - AKA YS-11
Kahala Barge
PB4Y Bomber (Maui)
Corsair (Maui)
Hellcat (Maui)
Hell Diver (Maui)
Saint Anthony (Maui)
LTV (Maui)
Amtrack (Maui)
Carthagenian II (Maui)
Army Barge
Navy Barge
70 ft LCU
95 ft LCU
29 Down Airplane Wreck
Naked Lady (Big Island)
Predator (Big Island)
Airplane Wreck (Big Island)
Kauai (Big ISland)
Empire (Big ISland)
P47 Lanikai
P40 Marine Base
P40 North Shore
Avenger North Shore
Old Coal Ship Waikiki
LVTP-5 Marine Base
PBM Kaneohe Bay
Pyramid Barge Kaneohe BAy
Small Barge Kaneohe
P12 Hanauma Bay
Army Tank Hawaii Kai
Bulldozer Hawaii Kai
Kaiser Concrete Barge Waikiki
LCM South Shore
Helldiver Koolina
5 Tractors Waianae

Checked off another one today

Last edited:
You're moving on these at a nice pace!

I'd forgotten you have this one -- Pacific Wings plane wreck - AKA YS-11 -- on here. It's really not much of a swim at all from the YO to get to it, I popped over there on Sunday. Next time we're on the YO we should take a kick over if you haven't hit it yet.

Back
Top Bottom