How many of you think about this??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The things that go bump in the night.

Jaws 2.jpg

Jaws.jpg

Cool Facebook site...I think I will start to follow Mary Lee too.

We've been following her since she was in Florida. I would love to dive with a GW. Your chances are fairly good that you would survive the meeting without any nibbling from her.

I might survive, but it may be months until I can accomplish normal bodily functions.....:buggy:

I'm honestly not sure how I would react. My wife told me about this when she came really close to where we vacation in SC. Unfortunately the perception of these sharks is based on what we've seen on TV where the water has been chummed and the sharks have been baited.

I have been watching Mary Lee and Genie since October. We dive out of Morehead City and I will be checking to see where these sharks will be next time we go. I really don't know how I would react if I saw one but I kinda want to.

I dove the Ocean Venture a couple years back & at 160fsw you tend to do quite a bit of Deco to make the 60 mile trip off shore from Va. Beach worth it.
Back to point we hit our 40ft stop & had incredible conditions with unlimited topside visibility & lo & behold we see a huge shark about 80ft away, now we have huge sharks out there & a record Thresher had just been caught by the tower which is in shore at 60fsw deep & that's what I thought of, but once we got a good look at it there was no mistaken what it was, a Great White 14-16 ft & you start looking at all in the water with you (we had 4 divers) & start thinking who you can out swim to the boat, but with 40 minutes of Deco left you also need to remember who would be the 1st to decide the helicopter & chamber ride would be the better choice & take off for the boat early.
Luckily it paid us no mind & swam off.

I dove the Ocean Venture a couple years back & at 160fsw you tend to do quite a bit of Deco to make the 60 mile trip off shore from Va. Beach worth it.
Back to point we hit our 40ft stop & had incredible conditions with unlimited topside visibility & lo & behold we see a huge shark about 80ft away, now we have huge sharks out there & a record Thresher had just been caught by the tower which is in shore at 60fsw deep & that's what I thought of, but once we got a good look at it there was no mistaken what it was, a Great White 14-16 ft & you start looking at all in the water with you (we had 4 divers) & start thinking who you can out swim to the boat, but with 40 minutes of Deco left you also need to remember who would be the 1st to decide the helicopter & chamber ride would be the better choice & take off for the boat early.
Luckily it paid us no mind & swam off.

Wow...I had a small rush of adrenaline just reading your story and visualizing myself in with your group and trying to decide how I would react. I would probably be the slowest swimmer, but the plumpest morsel for the shark. :coolingoff:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom