Cetatek Warp1 fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive scooters??????? What, do you just bring up any random thing you can think of to support your unqualified bias? Got to put you on my ignore list.

Hey, ignore me all you like :) Bottom line, I care about propulsion, and most fin manufacturers not only DON'T, they count on divers being gullible. They count on divers NEVER ACTUALLY GETTING TO DEMO the fins against A KNOWN GOOD FIN, before buying..Like in snow skiing where you demo skiis or boots before buying. This way, outlandish claims don't get very far :)

So first, I am calling for a demo of your fin, to end all uninformed bias. Second, in case you are not aware, many divers buy scooters for propulsion ( same thing fins are used for) , because MOST fins are so pathetic, scooters can make getting around much easier. My point was that there actually are fins that can do what many people buy scooters for--for a lot less money, and with much greater ease in transport.

... So first, I am calling for a demo of your fin ...

It ain't "my" fin. I asked if anyone had "used" it and what they thought. Now I'll go back to ignoring.

The fins are reminiscent of Scuba Pro's Seawing Nova. the big difference is the bending mechanism & how thin the middle part of the fin is thinner than the Nova. Both create the same type of propulsion.
That being said, a friend of mine WAS a big fan of the force fin. I tried that fin, but it took about 5 dives before I felt comfortable diving it. A whole different kicking motion...
After He tried a pair of the Seawing Nova's, he never went back to Force fins...
I am amazed at some of the posts being so negative on a new type fin....

danvolker, I just found out in the manufacturers' forum, that Force Fins have closed their business and are just selling out what is left.

danvolker, I just found out in the manufacturers' forum, that Force Fins have closed their business and are just selling out what is left.
And, an even newer development....they managed to solve their material acquisition problem and apparently will be /are already starting Force Fin back up again..... I expect Bob Evans will be posting about that soon :)

CaboJim, " He never went back to Force Fins." I don't know why comments like this make my blood boil. I guess that it so absurd for someone who has dove Force Fins to revert to a pendulum pressuring off the end of their toe, that I think that you are just provoking me. And, I take things very personally. The only redeeming quality of The SeaWings were the leading edges, which Scubapro took from Force Fin and was forced by the FTC to change their ads to not claim credit therefor. SeaWings split at the hinging point, they have since day one, and they'll continue to do so. IMNSHO

Bob Evans- Like it or not, it's a true story...I can't believe how many people are so offended by the truth....
IHMO...LOL

I think what Bob meant was that Force Fins was the one that created this technology that Scubapro "borrowed"...and misused. While the classic Force fin is not ideal for a powerful athletic diver, it would not be destroyed like the Sea Wings --which would not last more than a couple of months if used by a strong spearfishing pace type highly fit diver.

The Dive Industry is a place where good ideas get stolen and re-purposed constantly, and then the History gets "Revised". If you had come out with something ground breaking, and had the big boys steal it, then push you out of the market so they coulds make a fortune with YOUR idea, this might make you a little upset. This is exactly what happened to Bob.

While I have always liked Scuba Pro regs, they do like taking the technology of others, and then creating the appearance of being an "originator" themselves. You should have seen how negative they were to the ideas for a DIR bp/wing that George Irvine and JJ ran by them in the late 90's---but after the first appearance of Halcyon at DEMA, and lines of thousands of divers to check out the NEW development in gear, suddenly Scubapro realized they had missed the boat....in the years following, they borrowed from Halcyon, tried to look like an innovator, but failed badly.

This tread seems to have been hijacked by opinion and bias. I would like to return to the original question: has anyone actually tested a pair of the Cetatek warp 1 fins and if so what did you think?

There were a couple of people who indicated that they either had or were going to order a set. Have they arrived and have you had a chance to try them?

This tread seems to have been hijacked by opinion and bias. I would like to return to the original question: has anyone actually tested a pair of the Cetatek warp 1 fins and if so what did you think?

There were a couple of people who indicated that they either had or were going to order a set. Have they arrived and have you had a chance to try them?

I thought I was quite clear that I wanted very much to demo these fins, and to make a real comparison....No one has responded with a shop in South Florida where they are available yet....
I also think that if the manufacturer of these fins is serious, they should try to make a DEMO really happen, and to make it a big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom