WTB: Wanted, Drysuit inflation reg/ hose/gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a drysuit inflation system. I have the bottle but need the regulator set up..pm me if you have one you would like to get rid of and how much you are asking.

thanks everyone,

Pete

http://www.divegearexpress.com/exposure/inflation.shtml

I use the Dive Rite one listed here for $44. Add a hose and you're ready to go. It's so cheap you just trash it when it craps out and buy another one!! I'm assuming parts kits and a rebuild would cost more than the reg.

Drysuit Inflation Accessories - Dive Gear Express

I use the Dive Rite one listed here for $44. Add a hose and you're ready to go. It's so cheap you just trash it when it craps out and buy another one!! I'm assuming parts kits and a rebuild would cost more than the reg.

That is a great price. Unless I'm missing something (has been know to happen) there is no HP port for a button gauge. For "me" that would be a problem.

Al

That is a great price. Unless I'm missing something (has been know to happen) there is no HP port for a button gauge. For "me" that would be a problem.

Al

Why? You know about how many dives you can get off one tank.

Find an old MR12 first stage they are bullet proof and easy to work on. They have one HP port which is nice for a button gauge.

Mares MR12 III Yoke Regulator Scuba Pro Diving Reg Part | eBay

and if you want it to be DIN here is the converter (just take off the yoke and nut and screw this on):

Mares MR12 DIN Converter | eBay

I use it for my inflation but most of the time it sits on old LP 72 which I use for filling tires.

Why? You know about how many dives you can get off one tank.

I have gauges on all my tanks, I like to know what's in them before starting a dive. Wouldn't be the first time a valve got bumped and drained a tank.
Doing multiple dives its nice to look and make sure you have enough gas in your inflator bottle for the planed dive. If questionable its easy enough to switch the bottle out.
For me the amount of gas I use per dive varies. Doing a deep wreck will use much more then a couple of caves dives at some place like Peacock.

Al

P.S. Just saw this is my 199th post since 2003, better slow down.

Last edited:
Let me clarify a little. I don't put argon in my dry suit inflation system. It's tough to get in Indianapolis, so we all tend to use air or nitrox in our bottles. Honestly, unless you have enough argon to flush your drysuit a few times I'm not sure it makes that much difference. I use an 8 ft3 LP AL bottle. This allows me to easily transfill my bottle on site from any tank containing suitable air/nitrox mix. I can use my left post reg to confirm pressure and top off on the boat if needed. The 8 ft3 easily gets a couple dives done the range I dive (adv/nitrox deco to ~160'). I've added the system to get comfortable in the gear well ahead of signing up for trimix. By no means is a dry suit inflation system a requirement to conduct my current dives.

If I were consistently using argon it might pose an issue, but to date I've had no issues not having a gauge on my reg.

For that reason of ensuring a proper argon flush prior to diving I use an argon filled AL80 with an argon dive rite first stage. This way i save my argon in my baby 6cuft argon tank.

I am sure I look like a moron when I repeatedly inflate to the max while looking like the pillsbury dry suit boy to my fellow quarry divers :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom