Bermuda Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Tkaelin,

Yes the buses are silly about luggage. There is no place to store them and the bus drivers can be a bit grumpy if you try to bring on anything larger than a knap sack. I haven't been through the airport recently (sad I know) but I believe there is a new store when you come into Bermuda but I wouldn't count on them having bus passes, they may have a single ride tickets for sale though.
In regards to Triangle diving I have not been with them personally but have spoken to many people who have and they all say positive things. All the ive companies though here tend to be cautious or hold hands with divers at first until they are comfort on your level of diving.
The Boat rides tend to be quick because the reefs are not far as well as the wrecks... I would say no more than 30 minutes to be honest. In June and August you are looking at peak tourist season which mean possibly a full boat, normally about 10 - 12 or so divers. It depends though for I have been on a dive boat mid summer with only other divers. They do tend to stay up the east end in regards to diving and do not travel to far from that area... do see other wrecks you can try the west dive shops like Blue Water if you are interested.
Hope this helps!

In general the dive shops dive the following:

Triangle = north and east
Dive Bermuda = South and West with rare trips up North/East
Blue Water = South and West
Tuckers = East and North

Triangle and Tuckers have a good location to go North and South East..

I think Blue Water and Dive Bermuda have similar sized boats, I know Dive Bermuda takes out 18-20 people max.

BDAFreeDiver - if you ever need someone to go diving with or need some gas money, I'm always looking for ways to explore new sites. =)

might take you up on that njcfm haven't been diving in awhile and wouldn't mind gettin out sooner than later but of course have to see! The boat I tend to use is out of the water and got to get the bottom painted as well as some other minor repairs... let you know if I have a chance!

BDA UPDATE:
Sooo the humpback whales are now almost all gone after the migration but it was awsome while it lasted!
The water temp is now hitting 70 and it is all up from here on out (till of course October) so less gear (wet suits) you need!
The dive shops are all getting back into full swing, I saw a ton of boats on dry dock this winter getting all ship-shape for the new season so come check them out!
arriving by air, cruise or other means please ask questions and I will be happy to help!
Hope you come enjoy Bermuda one day soon

Hello, I will be arriving by cruise ship, the new NCL Breakaway. Do you happen to know which shops would pick me up at the pier for some diving? Are there any that are walking distance from the pier or where ever I end up docking? I'll be leaving NYC on Sunday, and arriving in Bermuda shortly after. Will I need a DIN adapter for the local tanks?
thanks
John

Check out the other Bermuda threads re dive ops. There are only a handful on the island and the three that I am familiar with Triangle, Dive Bermuda and Blue Water do not pick up. On one of the threads re dive ops there is mention of Fantasea dive op and it states it is at our near the Dockyard. If you decide to head out to one of the three, Blue Waters is the closest (check out their website) but you will likely have to take a taxi or rent a scooter. Maybe a 10 minute ride. Not sure about Din or your question. The tanks we used on our trip were standard and not din. Check with the Op.

Hello, I will be arriving by cruise ship, the new NCL Breakaway. Do you happen to know which shops would pick me up at the pier for some diving? Are there any that are walking distance from the pier or where ever I end up docking? I'll be leaving NYC on Sunday, and arriving in Bermuda shortly after. Will I need a DIN adapter for the local tanks?
thanks
John

John when are you going or have you already been? We are on the Breakaway in September and looking to to some diving as well. What did you decide on and how did it go. From what I can tell Dive Bermuda and Triangle seem to be the best, the other are not getting great reviews. Triangle is a little far from the cruise port though.
Dagmar

Fantasea Diving is right near the Dock Yard, and take out most of the people who come in from the ships.
But I recommend Dive Bermuda.
It's about a 20 minute cab ride from the Dock Yard, but worth it!
Enjoy Bermuda!

Fantasea is in dockyard (where the cruise ships dock), however I have no idea what sites they go to and I don't know anyone local that dives with them.
Dive Bermuda is my shop of choice and they take care of everyone, locals or tourists.. small groups of 3-4 with each dive master and lots of personal attention.
Triangle gets great reviews, I recently met the owner and he was very nice.
Blue Water divers seems to be improving, I see them out every weekend and it looks like they do some non-guided dives, if that is your thing.

none of the shops pick up at the terminal but any cab driver will know where to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom