How to attach a ITorch Pro 4 on the SRP tray/arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8obatus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the SRP tray, handles, fles arms and torch mount, combined with their SRP red filter and (for now) 1 ITorch Pro 4 1300 lumen light. Does anyone know if the SRP torch mount will work with that light? If not what would I need?
On SRP's torch mounts, are those just elastic bands that wrap around that adapter?
Thanks all.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2013 at 10:55 PM ----------

Nobody? Damn.

Just saw the pictures on their website. I'm not sure I'd trust the elastic bands - of course, would tie the light's lanyard to something, but it would be annoying if the light kept falling off.

Their arms are made of Loc-Line's, the logo is shown in the pictures - not sure what diameter. They use one of these ( Loc-Line 51895 Fixed Mount ) at each end, one to screw on the tray, one to screw that flashlight holder. If you can find a pipe clamp (with a screw) to fit your light, you could just safely screw it there. You could always make your our arms with Loc-Line if it comes out cheaper and you're feeling like a little DYI project.

So from what I've found out is that SRP uses 1/2" inch Locline. There is a YS adapter to Locline but only comes in 3/4". So instead of ordering the 1/2" from Srp ill be ordering 3/4" Locline Nd the adapter from Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale.

So from what I've found out is that SRP uses 1/2" inch Locline. There is a YS adapter to Locline but only comes in 3/4". So instead of ordering the 1/2" from Srp ill be ordering 3/4" Locline Nd the adapter from Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale.

ALTERNATIVE :
SRP handle top female threading is standard 1/4" tripod.

Get Ultra Light Ball with 1/4" allan bolt. Length of allan bolt of Ultra Light not important as SRP handle is hollow inside and can accomodate long allan bolt just make sure it is 1/4" imperial ( USA ), place them on top of handles.
Ultralight Control Systems
Go to GoPro section and see the double tray for GoPro, they sell those balls separately.

Get clamps. Get YS adaptor for Pro 4 from i-divesite.
http://i-divesite.com/product_arm.htm
5 or 7 " YS adapter will be OK.

Good you choose 3/4" locline, Pro 4 is fairly negative UW and 1/2" locline is not stiff enough for Pro 4 in most situations.
That Pro 4 is bang for the buck & can change battery, 70 minutes live at 1,400 lumens.........I like it.

Have fun.....

ALTERNATIVE :
SRP handle top female threading is standard 1/4" tripod.

Get Ultra Light Ball with 1/4" allan bolt. Length of allan bolt of Ultra Light not important as SRP handle is hollow inside and can accomodate long allan bolt just make sure it is 1/4" imperial ( USA ), place them on top of handles.
Ultralight Control Systems
Go to GoPro section and see the double tray for GoPro, they sell those balls separately.

Get clamps. Get YS adaptor for Pro 4 from i-divesite.
http://i-divesite.com/product_arm.htm
5 or 7 " YS adapter will be OK.

Good you choose 3/4" locline, Pro 4 is fairly negative UW and 1/2" locline is not stiff enough for Pro 4 in most situations.
That Pro 4 is bang for the buck & can change battery, 70 minutes live at 1,400 lumens.........I like it.

Have fun.....

I love SRP stuff, but the arms are for small penlight type lights. If you want, get Intova lockline type arms but you will have to make an adapter (serch for my posts "dauntless" for pictures.

What Inya said is absolutely the best set up or that's what I used. Rugged, adjustable and not too fussy (water is a great lubricant for lockline joints and it moves around) Google search for the "balls" I think Liesure pro has a good price (Big Blue has good stuff) and comes with both short stalk and longer stalk take your pick for the SRP tray. You need balls with an attachment slug for the light, don't need an arm since the SRP tray handles plus hardware that attaches the two balls gets the light up and out. You can make a light holder from 1/8x1 aluminium stock (Lowes or Home Depot) by bending around the body of the light, if it doesn't have one, and a piece of bicycle innertube for padding, leave room enough for the light attachment slug with the "legs" Home Depot and Lowes has the hardware you need, you can get handel nuts and ss screws (5/8" I think) to make a tensioning arrangement at the slug at Lowes.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I've looked at the fixed arm/ultra light pieces as my wife uses those for her Canon G12 rig but I'm hoping this will have plenty of hold. I also don't care for having to adjust the clamp.
I did receive my tray and filter today. Feels very good in the hands, grips are great. I tried to intercept my order and cancel the SRP flex arms but I guess I'll have to return them. Waiting on the 3/4" Locline and YS adapter from Reef. I guess I'll update this thread when I get it all together.

Pictures attached, strobe attached but could be video light, showing both clamp/ball system and Intova arm. Don't need arms if you use long stalk ball

Attachments

• DSCN1370.jpg
    DSCN1370.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN1369.jpg
    DSCN1369.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN1357.jpg
    DSCN1357.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN1359.jpg
    DSCN1359.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN1353.jpg
    DSCN1353.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 139
Does it work, well have GoPro upside down as backup and in this video, main camera failed but goPro2 backup turned out great. Note you can "work" the lights with SRP tray and clamp/ball system
[video=youtube_share;VzlYnJL1ejw]http://youtu.be/VzlYnJL1ejw[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom